1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bet that hurt!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by grandview, Feb 8, 2014.

1. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

2. icudoucme

icudoucme Senior Member

I like how he doesn't even try to avoid it.

3. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

The plow driver also took out the windows in a car dealership in the process, that clip was the outside security cam, this has both outside and inside cams

http://www.weather.com/video/watch-man-gets-buried-by-snowplow-44269?collid=/weather/twc-weather

The guy from behind the wheel must be related to the "BlackDogg" that got busted for pushing back piles into cars parked on the street last winter.
    I'd post the YouTube link but I'm sure big brother would delete the post due to language.:nono::nono:

4. ServiceOnSite

ServiceOnSite Senior Member

Had to be some heavy wet slush.

5. framer1901

framer1901 Senior Member

That's BS, that driver should be charged with something and fired at the least.

6. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

He did not get fired for pushing piles into cars, he was plowing the road just like he was SUPPOSED to be doing. Thats what happens when you plow the road properly and make as wide as you can, cars get covered. Fact of life.

He got fired for his language and posting it on youtube and for no other reason than the above actions made the company and the driver look bad. As for plowing, he was doing his job exactly as asked and as any other road plower would.

Seriously???

What do you expect him to do, slow to a stop every time there is a pedestrian around?

7. anz27

anz27 Member

He should not have done what he did. What ever happened to being courteous? More importantly, he should have not allowed that person to get knocked over. If he had to stop, he should have because its the right thing to do. On the other hand, the guy should not have just kept walking. He should have moved out of the way. Regardless, two wrongs don't make a right.

8. NThill93

NThill93 Member

so youre telling me a highway plow should stop for a pedestrian on the sidewalk that he probably didnt even see? :laughing:

9. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

Plow truck is driving way too fast if he is shattering windows with his spray, let alone knocking someone to the ground...

10. birddseedd

birddseedd PlowSite Veteran

i hate when its wet. I was doing a sidewalk when it was wet and kept getting splashed by cars.

11. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

Precisely, there's no reason to be running at the speed he was while plowing city streets. You never see municipality's around here running more that 20-25mph, most of the time slower.

12. jomama45

jomama45 PlowSite.com Addict

So, if that was your Mother, daughter, or wife innocently walking on the sidewalk to their job, you'd feel the same way? What if was one of your shovel crew? How can you condone "shattering" the glass at the car dealership? Is that not property damage?

One thing some folks seem to regularily forget, including you and apparently the plow driver as well, is just who the plow truck driver works for. The owner of the dealership and also the guy knocked to the ground pay his wage.

BTW, that's the kind of speed you drive to wing snow in a rural or interstate environment, not an urban street where you're simply trying to windrow onto the parkway. Plain and simple, the driver's going way too fast, which he knows as well. He's just doing it because he's a ******.............

13. Landcare - Mont

Landcare - Mont Senior Member

"Seriously???

What do you expect him to do, slow to a stop every time there is a pedestrian around?"

Yes, I do. He should at least be slowing down enough to not throw the snow on the pedestrians or buildings. That is, most definitely, not necessary. The snow should not be thrown on the sidewalk at all; a bank along the curb is customary.

IMHO with 35 years' experience in plowing city streets.

14. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

15. birddseedd

that doesnt happen in michigan much. our roads are not smooth enough.

16. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

I remember seeing that on the Denver news, they get quite bit of rain then snow events that creates a nice layer of Ice. My experience driving around in the Salt Lake Valley is the drivers aren't the best when it comes to paying attention.

17. M&M

M&M Senior Member

A similar thing happened on the interstate in my city about 4 years ago. I was driving right at the beginning of a storm and the temps and snow type was just right. I literally counted 55 cars off the road in a matter of 5 miles. I got off that highway the 1st exit available. It was hairy!

18. birddseedd

I almost went off the Highway this year. That day there was a15semi pileup just south of my town

19. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

I thought you DID go off the highway this year? :D Reminder: That pic of the Ford facing the wrong way on the shoulder...

:whistling:

20. birddseedd

Oh. Yes. That was the on ramp at low speeds. Pulled out without much effort.

I nearly flew off at highway speeds a few storms later

Started keeping 4x4 on after that