1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Best wiper blades.

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ThisIsMe, Jan 17, 2007.

1. ThisIsMe

ThisIsMe Senior Member
    from Mass

After the recent ice storm, the OEM blades on the new Dodge (1200 miles on it), bit the dust. Of course now they will not even clean 70% of the washer fluid off. Real heavy duty Dodge huh?

Either way on another truck I purchased the "best" that Walmart had to offer, and they are just pure crap.

So what do others use, suggest, recommend?

2. RYDER

RYDER Senior Member

I used to work for NAPA and thay started to sell Innovision. I put these on my truck last year and thay still work great. But thay cost about 17.00@.payup

3. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

I just use the winter blades from AutoZone. Blades seem to only be good for about a year. Running over ice will crap them up pretty quick. You could try heating them up and fitting them to the windshield, but that probably won't work.

4. Rcgm

Rcgm Senior Member

I purchased a set of winter blades for my truck about 3 months ago.Haven't had any snow here yet and they are already crapped out.

RCGM
    Brad

5. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

Bosch. Hands down. I've tried almost everything, a friend recommended Bosch so I bought a pair, just took them off after four years, they worked awesome and only recently started getting streaky from being worn. I couldn't find them so I bought Michelin this time around, thinking they're a big name brand and must know a little about rubber, but they suck as bad as their tires (another story) and they weren't cheap. So after a month I already want them gone, had to call my friend up yesterday to find out who carries Bosch around here. He said Autozone has them.

6. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

Has anyone tried those expensive ones called 'Reflex' at Canadian Tire? No linkages/springs to freeze or sieze up. Really expensive, though, wonder if they are worth it?

7. Rowski

Rowski Senior Member

Have you tried the Bosch Icon? I put a set on my '01 VW Golf and love them. I just put a set on my '01 Chevy but have not used them much to make good judgement. They are very $$$ mid $20's per one. Your right on... Bosch has high quality rubber.

I used the Napa Innovisions last year. They worked better in the wiper suspension design but the rubber doesn't last long before streaking.

BTW, Napa can get Bosch blades, most stores don't stock them.

Derek

8. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

I pay $40 a pair for PIAA sillicone blades. Each blade includes a silicone wipe that you use on the windshield and then run the blades dry for 5 minutes. This works the silicone onto your windshield and repels the rain incredibly well. You find yourself using the wipers only once in a blue moon. They're also excellent in snow and ice. Worth every penny, IMO.

9. ThisIsMe

ThisIsMe Senior Member
    from Mass

I am now a proud owner of a new Bosch blade. Notice only one, Autozone only had one left, so I will wait until a new one comes in.

I bought the hi-end Michelins last year for a truck. Pure crap as far as I am concerned.

10. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy PlowSite.com Addict

You only need one.
    Who cares if the passenger can see, they would probably just get scared anyway. :eek:

11. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

Anco blades have always served me well.

12. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Used Anco blades last year. Bought a set new during a snow storm and they didn't even last the storm called my buddy at auto zone and he said bring them back and he swaped them out for some bosch one so far so good.

13. G&S in Md

G&S in Md Junior Member

winter vs regular blades

The problem w/ the winter blades is they sit on the autoparts store and whse shelf to long and dry out. If anyone uses Trico winterblades, or Anco winterblades, try to make sure the date code on the case is not too old. If its more then 18 months, then lube the rubber w/ spray silcone. I have been using the Trico same as Napa for appriox 5years now, NEVER a problem , but like anything else keep'em clean.

14. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

I have used the Anco's for 20 years and never had a problem. You have to realize that the weather is going to be different every storm. They are not going to preform great each time you use them. None of them will ! Clean the windshield when you first take off and they will last longer.Use RainEx to keep the stuff from sticking from the start of the event.

15. Midwest BuildIt Inc

Midwest BuildIt Inc PlowSite.com Addict

I just go to autozone and grab the winter blades, they seem to work great..But keep in mind, those who use them, they are the worst blade ever if you leave them on during the summer. The rubber cover just catches the wind doing anything more than 40 mph and will just pull off the window. thats why after winter i return to normal blades..

16. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

Anco blades have never served me well.

17. Proscapez LLC

Proscapez LLC Senior Member

I don't think there is a good wiper blade company out there.
    I bought my father a set off the tv back in the 1984, they had 5 edges and came with a lifetime warranty. he still use them to this day! I think the company went under many years ago. I found some with the same shape, but there trash.

What I do is buy the cheap anco ones, and wipe the edge off them with a napkin every time I wash my cars and trucks. They seem to last about a year max.....

If I don't wipe them about a good month or two, before the stop working

18. 1lowGMC

1lowGMC Member

The Bosh blades with no springs linkages or anything work the best the only bad part is the cost $30 per blade. But they will last multiple years.

19. wagonman76

wagonman76 Senior Member

I always use Anco winter blades year round. They last for years. For me they dont start to lift till about 70 mph on the freeway, but thats about as fast as Ill ever go anyway.

20. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

anyone heard of the heated blades or heated windshield fluid ??