1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

best wheel loaders

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Doug8949, Jan 6, 2015.

1. Doug8949

Doug8949 Member

looking to lease a wheel loader and wondering what the best wheel loader is around to lease and pro and cons about different wheel loaders.

2. dirtnazi

dirtnazi Member
    from ct

I like volvo there comfortable good vision i have 7. 3 L 90s , 3 L 70 s and a L 20. I've had good luck with them

3. Doug8949

Doug8949 Member

what kind of lease do they have do you know and what is equal to a john Deere 544k

4. dirtnazi

dirtnazi Member
    from ct

I'm not sure about there leases I own mine . I think the L70 is the same size as the 544

5. beanz27

beanz27 Senior Member

Look at Cat 924-928, they are good loaders about the same size. Mine is 800 month Nov 1- April 1 plus $23 per hour.

6. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

a 544 is about a 3 yard machine, our 524k is a 2.75 technically and a 624k is about a 4 yard machine, most times they rate them in yards able to carry, but of course depends on what your digging/carrying etc.

7. Jack_Frost

Jack_Frost Senior Member
    from Montana

Thumbs UpI have both a case 521 and a cat 924k with Kage plows ,, I think the case is much better for plowing can see very well around it lots of power and use less fuel ,, both have about same push

8. IPLOWSNO

IPLOWSNO PlowSite.com Addict

I'd go cat , Volvo then John Deere as I've driven them all!

I have a new SDLG and I'd stay away from that junk , sure they will tell you it's a Chinese Volvo but it isnt even close!

9. Jack_Frost

Jack_Frost Senior Member
    from Montana

the one thing I dont like about my cat 924k is the ram on the front arm ,, its hard to see around and seems all-ways lean to the left or right side, to see around never just sit back and have a clear view ... the rest of the loader I have no prob with ,, one thing about the cat is even if not plugged in starts easy

10. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

I have a few thousand hours in all kinds of loaders.. my list in order of what I like is Cat, Volvo, Deere then Case. I own a Case 721c and it's a good machine. Starts up easily at -10 without being plugged in. For older loaders I like dressers. You can't go wrong with any name brand.

11. Showmestaterida

Showmestaterida Senior Member

Rob cook ,
    Seening u own a case but it was last on your list , Why did u end up with the case ? Price was right?

12. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

I do not like running Case machines but they are very reliable and relatively easy to work on. The big thing was price though. This machine is worth 47-50k all day long and I picked it up for 37,500.

13. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

I've ran almost every brand of loader out there and I'd say hands down CAT is the way to go. My second choice would be Volvo. Then I would rate John Deere, Case, and Komatsu all on the same level.