1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Best Weather Site

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by scott browne, Oct 27, 2004.

1. scott browne

scott browne Banned

Any suggestions? :bday:
  2. plowman350

plowman350 Senior Member

same question yesterday

Yesterday I posted the same question in the general snowplowing forrum. The responses I got were:

weatherbug.com (I liked this one)
  3. Dwan

Dwan Senior Member

The window that looks south east of here.
  4. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

5. qualitylawncare

qualitylawncare Senior Member

look out your window to the west...

there ya go! :nod:
  6. I like this site :)

I have found this to be the most accurate site of all of em'
    Way better than weather.com

from pa

What if he has no windows at all then wut
  8. Dwan

Dwan Senior Member

Then you get the same forcast the wether forcasters get here.
    They once had windows but blacked them out so they could see there monitors better. Forcast has never been the same sence.
  9. usabestsnoplowr

usabestsnoplowr Junior Member

accu weather was rated the best in my area. Most accurate Hmmmmm.
  10. SkykingHD

SkykingHD Senior Member

Weather forcast site

I have had many schools on weather. I have been a pilot for over 20 yrs. I have found the aviation forecasts only go 6 hours into the future and they are not 100% accurate. We have 2 airports in area that give forecasts. One is close to Lake Erie and the other one is 10 miles SE of our business. The amounts of snow vary so much in the 10 miles to regional airport that the forecast is just a general idea of what might happen. I have used all the aviation weather web sites and many public weather sites and still have a problem getting the snow amounts exact. The look out window and check lot still is the most accurate. In NE Ohio we have the great lakes to give us moisture and that makes snow fall prediction very hard. The science of weather prediction is still in infancy stages

11. DJC

DJC Senior Member

yup, I like weatherbug.com.................... They are very close on what they say. :waving:
  12. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

I have the same deal,fly out of PTK,live 1/2 mile from the airport,have used nooa weather,AOPA weather link and still the best is look out the window. I do like live radar though to see where the storm is headed.

Regards Mike
  13. SkykingHD

SkykingHD Senior Member

forcasts VS current conditions

Weather bug, Weather.com, Accuweather ect ect do a good job of telling us the current conditions also the aviation weather sites give up to the minute weather observations (ASOS and AWAS) reporting airports.

Most airports that have fair amount of traffic have automated weather reporting systems and you can get them via radio or telephone. Current conditions like temp, dew point, visibilities, cloud heights and type of precipitation ect, but no forecast.

I would like the science of weather forecasting to advance so we could either sleep in or know when we get up at a for-casted time the snow would be here.

I am allowed to dream!