1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Best weather site to use?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by ScnicExcellence, Nov 22, 2008.

1. ScnicExcellence

ScnicExcellence Senior Member

I have been looking at two different weather websites for here in kitchener

weathernetwork.ca
    and
    http://www.weatheroffice.gc.ca

They both go against each other on abesolute everything nothing is the same, i need to know a good website to get a good forcast from.

I know the best thing is to just wake up every 3 hours or so.
    But it helps to have something to go by other than just waking up every few hours.

Ben

2. GreenManEnvy

GreenManEnvy Senior Member

I use weatherundergound.com because they seem to be right some of the time, which is more than I can say for some of the other sources.

Even keeping an eye on that, and other sources, I was caught unaware by a heavy snowfall just on top of the ridge ~ practically within sight of my house, yet I had no snow sticking and no sign that it was anything but some light flurries. The next day I saw a photo in the local paper showing a good six inches of snow, schools released, highways shut down...

I don't have any clients up in that area, but still... it was practically in my own backyard...

3. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

Last edited: Nov 22, 2008
  4. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

I go on a local news chanel website they seam to predict the weather beter than national weather sites.

5. UglyTruck

UglyTruck Senior Member

accuweather.com
    intellicast.com
    weather.com
    weather.gov
    and all 8 local channel sites

I check them all and then make my own decisions....

they're all weather-men....they don't have to be right! :D

6. rawdog

rawdog Senior Member
    from Cape MA

weatherunderground.com

7. redman6565

redman6565 PlowSite.com Addict

noaa.gov

its been the best and most reliable site i've seen/used over the past three years.

8. Woodland

Woodland Senior Member

This would be my vote as well, although I'm not sure how well it will work for you up in Canada.

9. fyerfytr

fyerfytr Junior Member
    from Iowa

weatherunderground.com

10. ALLABOUTSNOW

ALLABOUTSNOW Member

I agree with REDMAN NOAA is the best but difficult to navigate. Weather.com has great radar and very easy to use. Experiance comes with reading both.. GOOD LUCK Scnic

11. pby98

pby98 Member

i use weather.com i have for a while know it seems to be right most of the time

12. ducatirider944

ducatirider944 Senior Member
    from Iowa

Noaa.gov if they forecast snow, it actually will, if anything they usually forecast lower than what ends up on the ground. Accuweather.com and weather.com . I usually look at all 3 and average them. If you want an accurate forecast look out your window. LOL I should have been a weatherman, I know of no other occupation can you be WRONG 75% of the time and still be employed!

13. Bajak

Bajak Senior Member

14. JBMiller616

JBMiller616 Senior Member

I agree, I also use NOAA.gov.

15. Bajak

Bajak Senior Member

noaa.gov doesn't list Canadian Cities.

16. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

I use www.farmzone.ca, environment canada, weathernetwork, and accuweather. Then make my own assumtions and conclusions. When looking at radar, its environment canada's, thats where most are getting theirs from. FarmZone is usually pretty good. Good Luck.

17. All Season Lawn

All Season Lawn Member

18. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

i guess there all good no one every knows whats gonna be