1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Best Weather app for phone?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by badgerman, Dec 1, 2013.

1. badgerman

badgerman Member

Just curious as to what you guys all use for a weather app? Maybe im to picky but i have a hard time finding one that i seem to really like.. Also how about a good website for a good radar something that shows more than 1 or 2 hours ahead lol.. :drinkup:
  2. BossPlowMaster

BossPlowMaster Senior Member

frankly i hate them all :laughing:
  3. goel

goel PlowSite.com Addict

Best weather app is site visits.
  4. rjigto4oje

rjigto4oje PlowSite.com Addict

I've tried several accuweather and weather tap im not sure about future radar
  5. sven1277

sven1277 Senior Member

I have 5 that I check. Two are moving radar (RadarNow and a shortcut to to accuweather's moving radar). I also have weather channel, accuweather, and weatherbug.

I mostly use the two radar apps during events to help with decision making. I like to consult multiple sources to get a better idea.

I also watch all four networks and the weather channel before storms too. I'm a little neurotic.
  6. badgerman

badgerman Member

So you simply use them all lol... :laughing: well thats pry the best way i suppose
  7. SDLandscapes VT

SDLandscapes VT Senior Member
    from Vermont

does anyone pay for custom weather reports....WeatherFax etc.???
  8. jimmyzlc

jimmyzlc Member

My Cast Weather
  9. rjigto4oje

rjigto4oje PlowSite.com Addict

Half of the time there wrong so why throw half your money away
  10. Wilnip

Wilnip Senior Member

NOAA seems to be updated more frequently and I like the short term forecast. I use Weatherbug most often. And Accuweather for the long range forecast. But I have an android. I'm sure iPhone apps are available for them al.
  11. excav8ter

excav8ter Senior Member

I use Rainy Days from the Google Play store. I have tried quite a few radar apps, this one works best for me. For weather, I have the Accuweather widget on my home screen on my S4.
  12. ringahding1

ringahding1 Senior Member

13. gc3

gc3 Senior Member

That weather.gov is a nice radar overview of the area and fast loading. Now if I can just figure out the dbz for a more accurate reading.
  14. SDLandscapes VT

SDLandscapes VT Senior Member
    from Vermont

we use wunderground and the app is pretty good too. I just wish there was available futurecast radar other than waiting for the networks
  15. maxwellp

maxwellp PlowSite.com Addict

16. scott3430

scott3430 PlowSite.com Addict

I like the weatherbug app on my Android phone.
  17. snowpoe

snowpoe Member

Do any of these apps show snow depth charts , so I know how many inches it snow in what areas. I have a Android phone. Is there one worth paying for that shows more information than the free ones. Right now I just use Accuweathers web site on my phone. Thanks for any info:help: