1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

best way tt drain old fluid from an E47 meyer pump and cylinders

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by 525Enterprises, Dec 7, 2010.

1. 525Enterprises

525Enterprises Senior Member

Not real familiar with these setups. Is there a quick easy way to drain cylinders, angle block and res while mounted on truck, or is this a pull everything apart deal? How much fluid would an empty system hold?

2. Nasty-Z

Nasty-Z Senior Member

If it hasent been gone through in a while , it would be best to remove it and disassemble to clean. Once you see what's inside you will be glad you did.

Either crack the lines on the cylinders or attach the ends of a spare quick coupler and aim them to a bucket , then work the blade side to side by hand to flush the old fluid out.

System will hold 2+ quarts with the cylinders and sump.

TOM

3. 525Enterprises

525Enterprises Senior Member

Yeah, already found all three filters. Bottom of the res was a little sludge. Cracking lines prolly not good enough for what I want removed, drained. What is best way to drain the pump itself?

4. Nasty-Z

Nasty-Z Senior Member

Disassemble the unit, as I said before.

I was referring to the lines on the angle ram's when I said to crack the lines and work the blade back and forth by hand , thus forcing the fluid from the angle cylinders.

TOM