1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Best way to travel with a V

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by retoocs555, Oct 12, 2006.

1. retoocs555

retoocs555 Junior Member

I recently got an older LOBO V. Haven't plowed it yet but it installed on the truck easy.

My question is how should I position the wings durning travel?

I know the manual says fully folded in but that moves the corners much closer to the ground than if I have them extened out just a bit.

I have timbrens comming which should alleviate the sagging and bring the plow hight up some but still...

As it sits now, when I have the wings folded all the way in the corners scrape every time I go over any sort of pot-hole, railroad track or dip in the road.

2. Bossman 92

Bossman 92 PlowSite.com Addict

I have a 9' 2" v plow and if I am not careful and hit a pot hole or somthing of that nature it scrapes. I usually straighten it slightly inward, so the edges are about 4" off the ground. Don't try to do it while you are traveling, make sure you are stopped.

3. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

Just angle them in just enough to alleviate the problem

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I swing mine back till it falls toward the truck and sits on the articulators. that throws the weight toward the truck and keeps my wing tips off the ground.

If you didn't get the Manuals contact Rick (rhlfwain) or Tom (toby4492)and ask, they'll send them to you.,

Use your skid feet!! the plow will not work properly with out them.

You need the instructions to set this plow up properly.

You need ballast, with-out ballast the mount will be scraping the ground.:waving:

5. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

With V plows I have found that if you have the plow raised all of the way up and the wings folded back the ends are close to the ground.

Now lower the plow a little. You will find that the corners go up a little.
    And it will allow more air to go through the radiator.

If this is not enough to elevate the problem with timbrens and the correct amount of counter-weight/ballast installed.
    Then straightening the plow a little too will help.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2006
  6. retoocs555

retoocs555 Junior Member

I have all the manuals, and the plow is all set up.

I just wanted to see if anybody else had the same situation and what they did. According to the manuals, the wings should be all the way in so the plow is as narrow as possible.

7. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Sure they do, they also tell you to install the travel lock when moving from job site to job site. I do that all the time:rolleyes: Tucked all the way back for traffic areas is fine but "combat" tactics are a little different then the 'classroom."

8. retoocs555

retoocs555 Junior Member

Yup.

That's what I figured.

9. jbone

jbone Senior Member

My friend keeps the blade straight and angled toward the passenger side. I guess its because when we come across construction zones its fun to launch those barrel cones off the road. Man do they fly!!!:)