1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

best way to remove deicer from dry sidewalk?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by ChicagoKid, Mar 20, 2008.

1. ChicagoKid

ChicagoKid Junior Member
    from Chicago

I put "Traction Melt CI"--Magnesium Chloride--on my sidewalk because it was ice covered. That was about four weeks ago. Two weeks ago I noticed that the deicer was eating into my concrete. I swept up the concrete dust two weeks ago. And now its still eating into the concrete! How can I get it to stop. Should I get some buckets of warm water and try to wash it away from my sidewalk. It's still to cold--36 now and below freezing tonight-to use the garden hose.

Anyone got any ideas? It's really bumming me out. I don't know if the concrete was air-entrapped, cured or sealed properly, either.:cry:

2. nevrnf

nevrnf Senior Member

Just wait till Sunday. With all the snow we are going to get tomorrow it will use it up.

3. ChicagoKid

ChicagoKid Junior Member
    from Chicago

Thanks. Got my fingers crossed.