1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Best way to mount rubber belting on old meyer straight blade?

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Gbettner, Nov 28, 2010.

1. Gbettner

Gbettner Junior Member

Tired of searching for a good pic. Can someone please post a good pic of best way to mount rubber belting to the top of an old Meyer straight blade? I'd really appreciate it.
  2. dave_dj1

dave_dj1 Senior Member
    from NY

I'm guessing you want a snow foil? If so, I would get a piece of 1/4" x 1 1/2" flat stock to put on top of the rubber belting, bolt through it to the blade.
  3. Kenyou

Kenyou Senior Member

Another good question would be... What would be the best depth? You already know the length..
  4. Gbettner

Gbettner Junior Member

I think I finally found a thread that answered my question. Seems like the thing to do is bolt a piece of 1 1/2"x 1 1/2" or 2"x 2" angle to the top then use a piece of 1 1/2" flat to sandwich the rubber. I guess I'll cut the rubber around 8 to 10 inches.
    I was just hoping to see a finished picture of a good install and dimensions of material used to eliminate all trial and error.