1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

best way to mount plows lights?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by turbo5560, Aug 10, 2007.

1. turbo5560

turbo5560 Senior Member

I hate the look of some trucks with there plow light on the top of the truck. At least it wouldn't look good on mine. I see many people have some sort of mount right behind the cab mounted to the box. I have looked for those, but don't know what they are called or what brands make them. Any help?
  2. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Mounting them forward would be a start. Do you mean reverse lighting?
  3. turbo5560

turbo5560 Senior Member

I mean for the reverse lights and the warning lights...
  4. jcesar

jcesar Senior Member
    from Mi

are you refering to a back rack?
  5. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

light on the subject

put a headache rack on ,it buyers products makes a nice rack with strobe lights mounting options,i think back up lights mounted up high would have to be to powerful to be useful to project down and back far enough to be useful,and not be be obnoxious and a legal problem with drivers and police behind you! the back up lights would be better down low near the bumper level.pia makes some decent lights but you might want some rubberized lights down low,
  6. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

I use 55 watt tractor ligts, in rubber housings. I buy them for $10. I mount them on my rack and they work great. I just have to remember to turn them off on the road as they will distract other drivers.
  7. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Some company does make a nice reverse lighting kit that goes over top of a hitch and its tucked away so you dont rip them off while backing up. I cant remember the name but they are very bright and thay tie into your reverse wires so you dont have to worry about if you left them on while driving