1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Best way to go after work/contracts

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by DodgeRam1996, Dec 9, 2009.

1. DodgeRam1996

DodgeRam1996 Senior Member

The winters are hit or miss around here (northern VA), we haven't had a bad winter in at least 10 years, we haven't had a big storm in at least 5 years. I'm not one to lowball or try and steal a client from someone else, but given the mild winters I would think there are a lot of commercial and res. lots that do not have a service contract. What would be the best way to get these lots under contract? Anything better than posting ads on Craigslist and waiting for a call (and that call will come when there is 12 inches on the ground).

I'm also willing to sub., if anyone needs help, we have 4 trucks. We basically stopped plowing in 2003 because it just stopped snowing, but we have over 10 years experience.

Thanks for your help guys

2. YPLLLC

YPLLLC Senior Member

Go talk with store managers. I have done this while purchasng items and have found it to work, or for them to at least want to hear what your bid would be. JMO

3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

You said it yourself,no real storms for 5 years. Out of side out of mine ,they won't call until your needed.The one thing you can do do is send them a price ,even if they don't sign call them monthly to keep your name in front of them.