1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Best way to get some contracts

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by snyps, Oct 20, 2005.

1. snyps

snyps Senior Member

So what is the best way to start getting contracts. I have waited this year seeing it took me a while to get my plow setup going on my new truck.

This is my first year out on my own, although I have plowed for 7 years for others, with there equipment. I will be subbing for them, but wanted to get some of my own to balance things out a little.

Thanks

2. gene gls

gene gls PlowSite.com Veteran

Your trying to burn the candle at both ends, not a good idea. You will end up with a bad repitation fast. You can't be in two places at the same time.

Gene

3. J HIsch

J HIsch Member

Keep in mind, if you desire to sub, then be a sub, but if your contrator isnt too worried about you haveing your own work then by all means. However if he is any type of snow contractor at all he will have something in his contract with you about the subject.

4. scotty2222

scotty2222 Member
    from MI

snyps
    I also sub contract to but, I also have 22 residential contracts of my own. I have them set up to where I can get them after the commercial is done. Hope this helps.

5. little pat

little pat Member

This won't help much this year but while you are out plowing, take notice of the parking lots around you and see which ones are not being serviced properly. Slow, poor or no service are a help wanted sign. Go get it.

6. IMoLwnz.com

IMoLwnz.com Junior Member

Thats what I look for. I dont want to take jobs from others but if you are NOT doing a good job then I feel its fair game.

BTW what are you doing for a hrly truck rate? we are in the same area Im in allentown and DO NOT go to quakertown

7. little pat

little pat Member

IMoLwnz.com, I tried to send a PM to you but it wouldn't go through.

8. IMoLwnz.com

IMoLwnz.com Junior Member

I guess I dont have enough posts...
    direct email

tom AT imolwnz DOT com

9. little pat

little pat Member