1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

best way to get crap paint off a meyer pump?

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by itr.#1446, Oct 26, 2008.

1. itr.#1446

itr.#1446 Member

I want to repaint my pump and was wondering what is the best way to get the paint off there? I currently was thing either that i have a sand blaster and do that but didn't know if would be good to the metal which i think is aluminum and to watch out for the wires. Or take a whiz wheel to it? what do you guys do?
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If your not planning to completely disassemble it do not sand blast it or you'll never keep the sand out of it which will cause problems later. I normally just hand sand and razor blade them when freshening them up without a tear down.

The biggest trick is to be sure you clean the heck out of them to get and the fluid/grease/crud out of the cracks and crevices so the primer sticks well.