1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Best Way to find Clients/ Sub Work?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by jhenegh, Aug 11, 2012.

1. jhenegh

jhenegh Member
    from Indiana

What are some good ways to find clients or a good sub position? I'm in Lafayette, IN (North Central IN) and put a 7.5' straight blade on my truck early last winter when I found a good deal on one. I did a tiny apartment lot and 1 residential with a friend, but I'm looking to find a bit more work. A 1-2 hour route would be ideal (2-4 lots would be great), and I'm thinking working as a sub would be the better option because of PR, insurance, logistics etc.

Is it possible to get hired as a sub with such a small route? I'm a college student too so that limits the schedule and is why I'm only looking for 1-2 solid hours.

Edit: If it snows A LOT, class is cancelled, time is no longer an issue (class is optional anyway, right?;) ) With only a few hours committed, I'm not overextended and can still do a good job

Last edited: Aug 11, 2012
  2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Which ever way you go,protect yourself,meaning get your own insurance to cover yourself. 1-2 hours is tough anyway you go. What happens if it keeps snowing? You just going to abandon everyone?
  3. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

With you grand,,,,,if you have limited availability, it might be hard. And again what if you have to goto class and its snowing and pple or your boss is calling you to plow. Just saying its a pita to hire someone in with that many restrictions