1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? Explore this quick video tour of updates and enhancements. It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Best way to clear parking spaces?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by kolkie05, Jan 8, 2010.

1. kolkie05

kolkie05 Senior Member
    from Chicago

Guy's have a condo building that wants parking spots cleaned. The problem is they are between two buildings so I can't back the truck up and push it in. Any ideas on what I could use? the blowers seem to be taking to long I actually heard someone say they used a backpack blower?

Need some advice!

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Put a snow fence up with danger sign on it!

How many spots are there? Can you back drag it out?

3. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

I dont really get it??? Back drag it out with the plow and push it somewhere else?

4. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

pic would help, maybe google earth so we can better see what your talking about.

5. yardsmith

yardsmith Senior Member

could use a tractor with a blade if you have access to one, or a large size snowblower. How bout a garden tractor with a snowblower! wesport

6. mansf123

mansf123 Senior Member
    from mass

drive forward up to the curb, drop your blade and back up. then push the snow where you want it. A pic would deff make this easier.

7. NW Snow Removal

NW Snow Removal Senior Member

back drag blade.

8. old timer here 30 plus!!!!!!

Not all of us have 30 plus years experiance,member when WE didn't know nuthin ,lol,what seems easy to us oldies is very exreme to newbies,how bout a lot full of 2ft,or more!!!!!' of snow ,nuthin right!! well a newbie can be intimidated ,i just hoist up the plow a few inches ,and go,straight blade of course ,as u know angle will wedge you in so tight ,you be shoveling a while to get yerself out!!!!

9. G&T LAWN

G&T LAWN Senior Member

I find that a skidloader with a 100 inch snow bucket works the best.

10. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

What????? :dizzy: