1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Best way to charge for Commercial Accounts

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by kidrx, Nov 16, 2008.

1. kidrx

kidrx Junior Member

New to the Biz.....

What is the best way to charge:
    1. By the inch starting at 1 inch
    2. By storm with additional charge (additional charge after 4 inches, 8 inches, etc)
    3. Hourly
    4. Yearly rates

All will include inspection of lot to determine any hazards. Just wondering for the lots themselves. What is the smartest and most profitable way to charge a commercial account. Located in Wisconsin.

2. BGehl

BGehl Member

I have not been on the boards for that long, but i find it real helpful to just start reading through other posts. For your question in particular, check out the "Bidding and Estimating Forum"

3. ducatirider944

ducatirider944 Senior Member
    from Iowa

:salute: Good post, you forgot to mention the search feature that all forums have. I know the search feature is a myth, but it does exist! 5th button over right under were it says what section you are in. Handy and fun! Search for these key words.

1. By the inch starting at 1 inch
    2. By storm with additional charge (additional charge after 4 inches, 8 inches, etc)
    3. Hourly
    4. Yearly rates

Words I personally would use for search
    1. Per inch
    2. Per push
    3. Hourly rates
    4. Seasonal

We will see ya in a few days, that is probably about how many threads you will find.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2008
  4. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

1.for insurance liability purpuses.
    2.for proof service was performed.

5. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

I charge my commercial on a "per- push" basis.
    We both know what it will be cost wise.

6. Peterbilt

Peterbilt Senior Member
    from IA.

I don't trust new customers? Haven't you been in business since "Spring 08"

Wow, What a history.

J.