1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Best Way to Bleed VX95?

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by coolhand51, Jan 4, 2011.

1. coolhand51

coolhand51 Junior Member

Hi I have a 2009 VX95 on a 99 F350 Dually. First hookup plow would not go down. Did troubleshooting and found signals to solenoid good, solenoid engaged all OK.

Took hyd line off lift cylinder - used a 4 ' crowbar to push the cylinder down and eject fluid. Loosened gland nut a bit to assist. After lubricating cylinder and working by hand multiple times hooked back up. Now plow goes up and down :) However the wings will not go to full scoop and I can tell there is air. So i bleed at both ends of both cylinders, helped but not full extension and tension. [worked fine on wings before draining lift cylinder]

Is there a better way to bleed? Or just continue bleeding at these locations?

Also, where is the drop side valve adjustment located - documentation does not indicate.?

Lastly - is Meyers snoplow hyd fluid OK to use in Snowdogg plow?

Thanks,

Coolhand

2. Plowfixguys

Plowfixguys Senior Member

Hey coolhand, you shouldn't have to bleed them. Those are double acting cylinders when you operate them they should purge air out to the tank. Work them some more, just make sure the tank is full at all times. I have seen the cylinders get tight like your lift cylinder so you might want to loosen and lube to wing cylinders the same way. As for fluid buyers recommends the S.A.M synthetic fluid in the plows, though the Meyer fluid seems to be the same stuff.
    Good Luck

3. coolhand51

coolhand51 Junior Member

Thanks

Plowfixguy, I will give your method a try, I agree about the wing cylinders, already lubed them. For off season storage what do you recommend? White lithium grease?
    Thanks,

Coolhand