1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Best way to attach a portable revolving roof light?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by olesnowpatrol, Nov 2, 2011.

1. olesnowpatrol

olesnowpatrol Member

Hi Guys,
    What is the best way to do this? I don't want to drill any holes in the roof if I can avoid it....
  2. DaveCN5

DaveCN5 Senior Member

magnet mount.
  3. BORIS

BORIS Senior Member

Duct tape.
  4. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

headach rack on box with mount to it for light. and then add few floor work lights shinning back for extra at night time.
  5. superdog1

superdog1 Senior Member

ladder racks

On some types of trucks, you may be able to get a ladder rack from a van and have it hook up to your rain gutter above the door?? I would think the no-marring magnet mount would be the best and easiest, but if it isn't, then try rigging up the ladder thing? They also make roof racks that are for temporary use on cars to haul luggage, so maybe something like that would work? Mine mounts on the top of the dump bed, so holes aren't an issue for me. Good luck!
  6. citywide

citywide Junior Member

7. Pinky Demon

Pinky Demon PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

Magnetic mount and then run it through your 3rd brake light.
  8. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

I use the 1" ratchet straps with a piece of closed cell fome on the bottom of the light.
  9. platinumpimps

platinumpimps Member

hire a teenager to sit on top with snomobile suite on, and helmet, holding onto the light. no holes, no mounting!
  10. pooleo8

pooleo8 Senior Member

11. Roundhammer

Roundhammer Member

That was awesome!
  12. ffplow

ffplow Junior Member