1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Best Walker riding mower attachment?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by chris08087, Nov 6, 2003.

1. chris08087

chris08087 Junior Member
    from NJ

I have a walker riding mower with a 20 HP diesel engine. Has anyone ever used any of the attachments for clearing snow? You can see all of the attachments by going to their website, "www.walkermowers.com" and looking under products->implements. My question is which would be better for clearing snow from sidewalks: the 2 stage snowblower, or the plow blade? Or does anyone know where I can get a V-plow for this machine?
    thanks for any input
  2. steve b

steve b Member

Plow blade. I hate using my single stage blower. It turns you into an snowman.
  3. SnoJob67

SnoJob67 Senior Member

You may want to rethink this. If you have an older mower, no big deal. However, if you are running a fairly nice mower and want to keep its appearance that way, I would suggest keeping it out of the snow and, more importantly, the salt.
  4. SLC1

SLC1 Senior Member

We use a mower for winter work and it hasnt caused any major problems with the salt and snow. It is washed after every storm just like a truck and it still works fine all summer. We use a Hustler 3200 with a 72" plow blade on it. It works awsome, the only problem with it, after you get alot of snow or you keep getting storm after storm, you will run out of areas to put the snow, because the blade is only so high, so it will only push the snow so high and then you are kinda stuck with having to widen out the walks with a blower or start pushing alot wider than the walks so there is room to put the snow. The nice thing with the blade is you can use it without the cab. If you get the snow blower I would say not to even try it without the cab, witch is going to add to the cost, but it may be better if you get alot of snow or if you need to get the snow away from certain walks ect. I would say that you will be happy either way you go, you already own the machine there is no sense letting it sit all winter when you can put it to work. Just my two cents.

OBRYANMAINT PlowSite.com Veteran
    from ohio

i have the walke rplow on a walker and it does really well...pushes exceptional...we rarely get snows near a foot bt as mentioned before we usually run out of space to put snow
  6. Herbie

Herbie Junior Member

I have the cab, plow and the rotary broom. Cab stays warm, even has a wiper that works amazingly well. Plow is faster and does a pretty good job. Broom is for 'delicate' surfaces. Broom is about as good as I imagine the blower would be. It really throws the snow. Plow is faster though.
  7. alwaysgreen

alwaysgreen Junior Member

We have been using the 46" plow on our 16hp walker for 5 years now and except for the blizzard last year I love it. I use it mostly in the lakewood industral park on large patios and wide walks, but have use it on residental wals and drives and it works great. I've pushed wet 6' to 8" snow for several hundred feet down sidewalks with it angled without problems if it stops I just back up and get a running start and continue along but it dosen't stop much. with your 20hp you'll do even better, but keep a snowblower around for those 21" storms Hope we get more this year.

SIPLOWGUY Senior Member

I have one for my own driveway. It bailed me out once when my truck was down. It's ok but cold.