1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

best walk behind spreader

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by familylawn, Dec 13, 2004.

1. familylawn

familylawn Junior Member

I need some help and opinions. Need to get 1 or 2 spreaders for calcium for a contract I have. I need something that will hold a good amount and work well with out getting clogged up. Any help would be great. Thanks

2. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

I really like the Earthway that I have ,holds 50 pounds but they are not cheap.

Regards Mike

3. familylawn

familylawn Junior Member

thanks for the info

does it do clacium well

4. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Yes it will spread all type's of deicer's,but you need to keep the flow gate almost all the way closed or you will spread most of your deicer in a hurry. With rock salt I keep the gate open all the way. When I spread all other deicer's I open it about 1/4 of the way. You just need to play with it to see how it will work. There is a guy on ebay who sell's them about 120.00 I think. Do a search for salt spreader.

Good Luck Mike