1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

best walk behind snowblower.

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by haybaler, Oct 19, 2007.

1. haybaler

haybaler Member

I have two plow truck roots and one snowblowing root the I have one of my younger employees do. I'm looking to buy a new snowblower this year. just looked at the top of the line Toro. 11hp tecumseh. it looks like a sweet machine. two stage, joystick shoot control and free wheel lever for both wheels so you can actually power steer this thing. anybody have any suggestions.
  2. karol

karol Senior Member

Toro power clear 221qe. Single stage. Best blower you'll ever buy. It's light so it's easy to pick-up. One man machine. Start's in 1 or 2 pulls every single time. We've been using that blower on 7 apartment complexes to do the walkways. I think we only used the 2 stage Toro 3 times. Unless you get a lot of heavy dumps then you'll need the 2 stage toro.
  3. icebeer

icebeer Junior Member

snow blower

The Toro is a good unit. The strongest toughest snow blower is the Airens professional series. These all have cast gear boxes not aluminum like most of the others. The snow blower was invented by Ariens in the '30's. Alos, the weight of these is 5-10% more than other units.
  4. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

Snow Blower

I Have Not Had As Good Of Luck With The Airens As With The Toro 3650 Single Stage, I Have 14 Of Them, My Oldest Is A 2001, I Replaced The Engine Last Year It Was Only $185.00. Airens Are Eaiser To Work On But I Think The Toro Is A Better Worker.
  6. pats plowing

pats plowing Senior Member

I have 8' aluminum fold out ramps. Will these make it up it. I need to get a backup for my ariens 1332, but the guy said Ariens was making theres less commercial so they are more prone to breaking. The Ariens makes it up the ramp in either 3rd or 4th gear. It does not get up (F350 pickup bed) in either 1st or 2nd, and when the ramps get icy, i have to hold it up until it gets better traction.

Also, do these allow you to shoot really low, as in clearing a 5' wide sidewalk and putting it in a pile less than 2 ft wide along the street. A lot of my jobs (business) require this and some of the newer Ariens do not do this well.