1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Best V-Box Spreaders

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by mullis56, Feb 2, 2008.

1. mullis56

mullis56 Senior Member
    from Indiana

What is everyone's opinion on V-boxes? What brand is best? Thanks!

2. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

I have a friend that just bought a snow ex v box, and he likes it a lot. He said it beats the crap out of a tailgate spreader.

3. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

it may not be the "best" but i really like swenson hydro SS

4. andrewlawnrangr

andrewlawnrangr Senior Member

my air flo is ok
    it thows the salt but ive been lookin at the salt dogg ( all poly) and snow ex 8500but thats got a medal frame... oh well

5. nicksplowing

nicksplowing PlowSite.com Addict

I RUN SWESON VBOX's WITH GAS ENGINES I LOVE EM

6. purpleranger519

purpleranger519 Senior Member
    from Kansas

I've ran Meyer, Curtis, Swensen, Henderson and Western. Then I bought a Sno-way. I'll never run anything other than the Sno-Ways from here on out. I love them. One of the best features they have is there is no hard wiring, so I can move them from truck to truck if needed in a matter of minutes.

7. purpleranger519

from Kansas

Hey Mullis56....I see you run lots of Avalanche push boxes. How do you like them? I plan on purchasing a couple next season, but I'm stuck between them and ProTech. Let me know what you think about them I 'd appreciate it.

8. Idealtim

Idealtim Senior Member

I don't have a sander but a friend has 6 henderson 8 footers and loves them. 2 are ss. He claims they have the thickest steel and are built well. Just one guy though.

9. mullis56

mullis56 Senior Member
    from Indiana

What does he think of the steel vs. stainless worth the $$?????

10. Italiano67

Italiano67 Senior Member

Buy Snoway Stainless electric. My .02 cents.

11. purpleranger519

from Kansas

It's worth it in the long run to go stainless. Thats the only mistake I made when I bought my first Sno-way.

12. purpleranger519

from Kansas

What are you going to be throwing? Sand/salt mix or Salt? The electric are great for throwing salt, but you have got to be careful not to get too much weight in the box or you'll be shoveling it out by hand. Me, I run 8 footers (2.0 cubic yard) then I build 10" sides for mine and can get an extra 3/4 of a yard in them. I'm running gas on all mine and throw Sand/Salt 75% of the time.