1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Best V Box Spreader to Buy

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by SnowGuy, Mar 1, 2008.

1. SnowGuy

SnowGuy Senior Member
    from NW Ohio

We currently have 2 SnowEx 1075 tailgate spreaders that we are going to sell and go to V Box spreaders. We are looking at the SnowEx brand, however, we are open to suggestions. Also thought about the poly Salt Dogg and the Western Tornado. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. :drinkup:
  2. abbert55

abbert55 Senior Member

I would be interested in your old spreaders. I'm in NC IN. Maybe PM me.
  3. Drottlawn

Drottlawn Senior Member

Never used a snow ex, but I would suggest the salt doggs all the way! This was my first year for them and have run 100 ton through each. No problems and they throw great.:salute:
  4. gd8boltman

gd8boltman Senior Member

We use the SnowEx Vee Pro 8000

and like them very much. The only complaint I have is material dropping out of the chute which attaches to the spinner when the unit is not on, otherwise they have been problem free and dependable.
  5. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

snow ex had a similar problem but made a little shroud that bolts inside the salter over the auger just at the rear to help prevent salt from "siphoning" out. our 2 new ones are working great...however i also have a new smith stainless dual electric salter which i believe is better than anything i have used to date...btw after having the 3 new electrics once my other 3 gas salters crap out i'll switch over to all electric
  6. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I'd personally look at the dual electric stainless ones. They cost more but will spread sand and salt very well and will last a lifetime when looked after.

KATTRANSPORT Senior Member

We have the snow ex 8500 series v box and I have nothing but great things to say about it. We have had to run some of the shittest salt through it and it works great. Very easy to install and get in and out of the truck. Also very easy to clean. I would reccomend 100%