1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Best UTV for Plowing?

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by neblawncare23, Sep 11, 2016.

1. neblawncare23

neblawncare23 Junior Member

Im in the market for a UTV for plowing sidewalks and small parking lots. Whats the best UTV for doing this? Im looking at either a Honda Pioneer 1000, Polaris Ranger 900 or 1000, or a John Deere Gator 825i. I would consider a Kubota, but the 25mph makes that not an option for me. I would also be using it for hunting and running my trap line in the winter.
    Was thinking of putting a boss or snowex v plow on it, any thoughts?
    Any help would be much appreciated!

Craig Poole likes this.
  2. neblawncare23

Which UTV is going to hold up best for plowing??

3. JMHConstruction

JMHConstruction PlowSite.com Addict

I just read a different thread the other day. Buff suggested the gator.

4. John_DeereGreen

John_DeereGreen PlowSite.com Addict

If you want something that's going to stand the test of time plowing and working, than the easy pick is the RTV.

Are you planning to drive it around and worried about the speed?

Mark Oomkes likes this.
  5. neblawncare23

I plan on driving it all over town while plowing, instead of hauling on trailer. Plus when hunting I would like it to go faster than 25mph.

6. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

Best recreational UTV for work use is a Gator, I have family in Wyo that ranches. Grandpa has Rangers, uncle has Gators and the Gators hold up mulch better.
    Best UTV is a Kubota, speed, weight and suspension travel are the only drawbacks for none work use.

7. John_DeereGreen

John_DeereGreen PlowSite.com Addict

We drive our Toolcat all over town plowing and it only goes 18.

Gators are junk for anything more than light work and running around. Ask Oomkes.

8. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

For everyday use as a work vehicle they all have there issues except the Kubota. I appears the OP will be the only operator and that in itself make a huge difference in longevity. It's like comparing a 1/2t to a 1t pickup they both can do mulch of the same things but the 1t will hold up mulch better.

9. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

As stated, if you want the best, the RTV is undoubtedly the best for strictly work.

Anything else is going to be something in between. And JDG is correct, my Gator was nothing but problems.

Exactly how much driving aroond town are you talking aboot?

10. neblawncare23

Ill leave the shop in morning when plowing and wont return until done, so inorder to get things done quicker a guy needs to be able to go faster than 25mph. Plus Im going to use it for a hunting rig.
    I think im gonna go with a Honda Pioneer 1000 EPS. Just because it has a dual clutch transmission vs the belt driven gators or rangers.

11. Mark Oomkes

Exactly how much driving aroond town are we talking aboot?

It isn't a difficult question.

12. etwman

etwman Junior Member

The Kubota RTV is hands down the best snow plowing UTV on the market. Here's mine. They are built like a sherman tank. Throw 400 lbs of ballast in the back, good tires, and they push forever. I put a turbo on this and the boss V plow is awesome.

Kubota just took it up a notch. I just ordered its twin. A new RTV1100X, with the brand new PTO K-Connect System. The only UTV on the market with the availability run a 66" snowblower on the front, V plow, and 66" rotary broom. Switch between them in a matter of a minute. Very well built. My dealer said I will have the first one int he state.

IMG_0255.JPG

BUFF likes this.
  13. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

Nice buggy...

14. Mark Oomkes

Very fancy.

15. cjames808

cjames808 Member

Wow. There is one identical to this at our local Kwiktrip fuel station.

Who says work shouldn't be a little fun!

This thing have a horn?