1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Best UTV for plowing?

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by Aveerainc, Oct 11, 2012.

1. Aveerainc

Aveerainc Senior Member
    from NH

I'm thinking about selling my 2008 Unlimited Jeep Wrangler with plow and picking up a UTV and adding a Boss V plow for my driveway. Who makes the best UTV for plowing and how are the Boss V plows made for UTV's holding up?

2. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

We have had fantastic luck with our Kubota 900 series...hydraulic transmission(no belts) plus its diesel...pushes like a beast. The Boss plows are awesome!

3. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

I would also recommend the Kubota 900 Series if your going to only use it for work. If you want a UTV you can use for work and play, I would recommend the Polaris Ranger 800.

4. hardwoodcd

hardwoodcd Senior Member

when I set up a sidewalk machine I also wanted something that I could use year round for fun and work. I did a ton of research and ended up with a polaris ranger. My neighbor is a kubota mechanic and has a rtv900 and it is an awesome machine but he can't find anything bad to say about the rangers either.

5. hardwoodcd

hardwoodcd Senior Member

6. sublime68charge

sublime68charge PlowSite.com Addict

what he said would be as good as I could say it.

7. plowin-fire

plowin-fire Senior Member

I would buy a Can Am Commander any day over a Polaris Ranger. More power, more comfortable, handle better. Very impressive machine. If I had an unlimited budget I would have one of them as well, but for the money to buy one of them, I could own a full size plow truck and get more done. Not as much fun though!

8. WI Winter Man

WI Winter Man Junior Member

Best UTV for plowing

In the past we have used a Kubota and it worked OK. Last year I purchased a Bobcat Toolcat. The unit was pricey but the best unit for plowing on the market. We got it with a 12volt box mounter spreader that woks great with bag salt and road salt. We have the following equipment, sweeper, V plow, and snow blower. We also added a Blower. Nothing better.

Hope this helps.

9. stevecornell

stevecornell Junior Member

I like my Kubota RTV1100 because it has a GREAT heater :)
    I have the Boss V plow mounted, I used it once last year (very little snow) but looks like I'll get to use it plenty this winter.

10. show-n-go

show-n-go Senior Member

I love my arctic cat prowler.. it is sweet for work and play although i have never plowed with it.