1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Best truly waterproof gloves for shovelers?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by mkwl, Dec 9, 2014.

1. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

I need to invest in some good, warm, truly waterproof gloves for my shovelers and ATV and snowblower operators- regular ski gloves get wet too fast and my trucks end up full of wet gloves…. what brand have you guys found is best for shovelers? They need to be warm, winter gloves, of course.

2. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

3. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

4. dodgegmc1213

dodgegmc1213 Senior Member

5. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

6. Dan@premiere

Dan@premiere Junior Member
    from Va

7. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Last edited: Dec 9, 2014
  8. Maine_Train

Maine_Train Senior Member

My old Kinco insulated gloves are pretty warm but not waterproof, so for this season, I tried a pair of the Youngstown gloves that Mr. Markus mentioned. They're not the most heavily insulated gloves in my collection, but they do seem to be waterproof. Got mine from AW Direct in CT. <http://www.awdirect.com/waterproof-reflective-winter-work-gloves-medium/gloves>

For times when my hands are wrapped around the handle of a shovel, or on the unheated grips of the snowblower for 30 minutes or more, I might go for something with a lining. I'll check out some of the ones linked above.
  9. xjoedirt55x

xjoedirt55x Senior Member

10. Mr. Jon

Mr. Jon Senior Member
    from Jersey

11. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Ive had a couple pairs of Hotfingers. They are ski gloves but my hands have never been wet or cold with these, if anything they sweat. Plus these have a little blow hole,lol that you puff a breath into the gloves and they stay warmer for a long time after. I got them at a local sporting store, they were like 60 bucks but on sale for half.
  12. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

True Adventure Gear X-2 Snowmobile Gloves,
    I use them for snowmobiling, cold weather dirt biking/ATVing, Shoveling and running a Blower.
  13. cj7plowing

cj7plowing Senior Member

Atlas gloves are the only industrial commercial gloves i have seen hold up. They are super warm and do not get wet