1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

best truck

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by RhinoL&L, Jun 29, 2007.

?

which is the best plowing and landscaping truck

1. chevy 2500 HD 4x4 dies.

11 vote(s)
    17.2%
  2. GMC 2500 HD 4x4 dies.

8 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. ford f 250 4x4 dies.

30 vote(s)
    46.9%
  4. Other

15 vote(s)
    23.4%
  1. RhinoL&L

RhinoL&L Senior Member

I am looking for a used 2000-2004 truck. I am looking at the gmc 2500 hd with duramax and allison, chevy with same as gmc, and ford f250 with powerstroke. all 4wd.
    which would be the best truck for plowing and landscape work. also, what kind of gas mileage do these get.
    thanks shawn

2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

As for the Chevy vs the GMC, there shouldnt be any differance, they are the same truck with different badges.

As for Ford vs GM, your just going to start a war between the GM lover and Ford lovers so i will still just come down to your decision.

3. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

I'd go with the Ford, but I don't trust the 6.4L engine just yet. It is too new IMO, but I wouldn't hesitate to buy the truck itself. I don't think you can really loose either way you decide to go. Just get what you like. Test drive them and compare prices.

4. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

5. RhinoL&L

RhinoL&L Senior Member

gas mileage

what kind og gas mileage do you guys with the GMC/ chevys get. Fords, what do you guys get
    thanks shawn

6. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

Ive got a couple buddies with the Dmax/Ally and they get 18/22 mpg religiously

7. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

I just bought a 04 duramax allison tranny combo and LOVE IT! I am getting around 18/22 mpg. I don't do a whole lot of towing but I am looking forward to using it this winter. The truck has plenty of power, and it has alot of speed. Also the tranny shifts alot better than the 6.0 liter tranny that they put in the gms. The only b!tch I have on that tranny is reverse. I can get about 10 mph backwards at around 2 thousand rpms. When I had my old 6.0 liter I could go an easy 25-30 backwards.

Ryan

8. TEX

TEX Senior Member

"other" you forget the best----Dodge Cummins find you a used 5.9 andyou can do what ever you want. stock just fine...... 800HP just a little $$$..........they are great trucks

9. rfed32

rfed32 Senior Member

coke no wait pepsi wait root beer wait coke

10. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

mitsubishit fuso 4x4 with dump body.

11. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

Chevy and GMC should be added together. Just to be fair you should have put in Dodge Cummis as well.

FYI. Gas millage is better on my LLY Duramax GMC than my buddies identical Ford 6.0 Diesel. Guys with the LBZ say they have been getting worse millage but have an extra 50 HP. I have not had any issues with the truck. He on the other had has had some trouble but has all been covered under warranty.for instance turbo tubes blowing off and trans work.

12. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping PlowSite.com Addict

I'll take the Ford, with either the 7.3 psd or the later years 6.0 psd. The GM gassers aint bad either but I'm not sold on them dmax's just yet.

13. nemeloc

nemeloc Junior Member

hello all. i'm new to this site and new to the snow plowing business. (this will be my first year) I just bought a Dodge Ram but am reading that most have the fords or chevys that are diesels. are diesels better than gas engines when it comes to plowing? just curious

14. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

diesel's unreal for plowing. Tons of low end torque from idle all the way up. Once you plow with a diesel chances are you'll never go back!!

15. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

I agree, I'm sticking with Diesels now.

16. nhglock17

nhglock17 Member
    from nh

I like my chevy

I like my chevy 07 2500hd reg cab gas,thanks