1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? Explore this quick video tour of updates and enhancements. It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

best truck battery

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Morrissey snow removal, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

i need new batterys one truck what do u guys think are the best thanks chris

2. 06Sierra

06Sierra PlowSite.com Addict
    from Maine

I don' t know if it is the best or not. But, I have a die hard platinum in my truck. It's been in for 3+ years now with no issues. 4 year replacement and 100 month pro rated warranty.

3. Morrissey snow removal

i have heard good things about diehard there is just a million choices out there

4. 06Sierra

06Sierra PlowSite.com Addict
    from Maine

From what I have read, they are pretty much the same as odyssey batteries. They are AGM, like the optimas. A few years back we had a stretch that was -40 everynight. The truck started everyday and has never given me problems while plowing.

5. Oshkosh

Oshkosh PlowSite.com Addict

I had really good luck with Deka brand of batterys.From my one tons to the tri axle never had an issue.....

6. Evil Diesel

Evil Diesel Senior Member
    from Sharon

I have the diehard platinums also. Great battery for plowing. Much better the the optima battery. Pricey but worth it imo.

7. djr623

djr623 Member

Big fan of interstate batteries, have had good luck with them. Have a die hard in my truck now but it was in it when I bought the truck..

8. Evil Diesel

Evil Diesel Senior Member
    from Sharon

Diehard platinum is a totally different battery than a diehard that is not the platinum series. I used to love optima which is made by interstate , but feel they have gone downhill the past few years

9. Oshkosh

Oshkosh PlowSite.com Addict

10. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite.com Addict

napa..or interstate!

11. Morrissey snow removal

any of u ever use everstart from walmart have a gift card to there and did not know much about there batterys

12. mike6256

mike6256 Senior Member

I have had these in for two years no problems. [​IMG]

13. quigleysiding

quigleysiding PlowSite.com Addict

The kids all call them neverstarts. I haven"t had much luck with the napa battery's lately. I have one now that I bought in the fall for the sander that's junk. I have to bring it back I guess. Of course I can"t find the receipt

14. goel

goel PlowSite.com Addict

I always make sure to replace with DT's (dual terminal). That way you have lots of room for hooking up all the accesories and boosting as well.

Always had good luck with Napa's in the past and have replaced 3 this year - but I think one is crapping out already. Trucks just don't get run enough this year for some reason........

15. chuckraduenz

chuckraduenz Senior Member

i have a walmart battery in my truck. i got it with it in it. and it was dated 06. it seems to be working. but iv had crappy luck with them over all. the last one i warrantied i told them to keep it and ill go with interstate. id recommend interstate batterys. or optima.

16. Scottscape

Scottscape Senior Member

optima red top

17. GeoffD

GeoffD PlowSite.com Veteran

Cat has some really good batteries for trucks, might cost a little more but I have had great luck with them.

18. dooleycorp

dooleycorp Senior Member

we use cat batteries in all our trucks and equipment never had a problem

19. gtmustang00

gtmustang00 Senior Member
    from Berlin

Catepillar batteries in the diesel. Excellent choice so far.

20. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

dual optima redtops in both my plow trucks and putting dual yellows in my duramax