1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Best treatment for plow blade

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by lumps, Sep 12, 2008.

1. lumps

lumps Senior Member

So what's the best to put on your blade to keep it nice and slippery. That Fluid Film work? Or regular car wax? Or do people not put anything on there?

2. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

If you are eager wax it and then FF it. You only have a problem with snow sticking on certain snow falls, so it's not a big deal.

3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Jd uses so much FF that he just drives thu the shop and everything get FF'ed just from the mist in the air.

4. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

FF alone works great. but im sure if you wax it and then FF it your plow will be like Chevy Chase's sled in Christmas Vacation

sled.jpg

5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Running poly i neveer need to apply anything, it's slippery all by it's self

6. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

gotta love it when you dont have to do any work :p

7. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Lazy days and active nights:D

8. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

When I repaint my blades I use a clear coat for the last coat. Seems to help mine.

9. lumps

lumps Senior Member

Good to know. I'll be stripping my blade down and repainting it soon.

10. Snow Picasso

Snow Picasso Senior Member

I sand down any marks bigger than an pencil tip..... touch up with a cotton swab... sand again... touch up and use a blow drier to harden the paint. lol