1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Best Tires

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ebski387, Feb 26, 2004.

1. ebski387

ebski387 Junior Member
    from ny

i have a 95 s10 4.3 5 speed ext cab and was wondering what are the best tires to put on it when plowing. i have the factory upgrade size of 235/75 15

2. LockedUP

LockedUP Senior Member

Brigestone Blizzaks....

3. SIPLOWGUY

SIPLOWGUY Senior Member

BFG All Terain or Cooper Discoverer. Look for something that looks like a snow tire.

4. SIPLOWGUY

SIPLOWGUY Senior Member

Hey ebski, I have a 97 Jimmy I'm putting a plow on. I plan to get BFG's for it and put timbrens in. What kind of plow are you using and what mods to the front end?

5. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

I like Wild Country TXRs. Look like old snow tires.. Aggressive and clean out good. Not noisy either...Chuck

6. PlowMan03

PlowMan03 Senior Member
    from Maine

BFG All Terrain T/A KO's those are a good tire to run in the snow, they clean out good. I think you'll like them

7. RAZOR

RAZOR Senior Member

I put a set of BFG All-Terrains on in the fall and so far they are the best tires I have used in the snow. I just hope they don't wear down too fast in the summer.

8. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

put a set of cooper stt on

9. ratlover

ratlover PlowSite.com Addict
    from IL

are you just worried about plowign or do you want a tire that will get ok millage and will last more than a year or 2 if you keep it on durring the summer?

10. Emstaxi

Emstaxi Member

I run BFG All Terrain k/o's on my mountaineer. I would not accept anything less than those. They are an awesome tire, excellent traction in snow and rain. They also wear down slow as long as you maintain an alignment. I got about 60,000 mi. out of a used set that I bought 3 years ago.

11. ebski387

ebski387 Junior Member
    from ny

i want tires for plowing and about the same milage. im looking for a fisher 6.5 and im puttin timbren on it and planing on using the truck next year

12. ratlover

ratlover PlowSite.com Addict
    from IL

I like my dunlop radial rover rt's quite a bitand they are pretty cheap.
    BFG's are good tires but they are owned by the french.
    Coopers are supposedly pretty good.

13. MSC

MSC Member

I run Cooper Discoverer ST's on my truck.
    Good tire, great in snow.
    Another tire you could look at is the Toyo M-55.
    They are very good in snow, also they last a long time.

Rich