1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Best Tires on Plow Truck?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by BuckeyeESPN, Feb 21, 2007.

1. BuckeyeESPN

BuckeyeESPN Member
    from Ohio

On a regualr pick-up truck what are the best tires to plow snow with. Goodyear, BF Goodrich, Firestone, Dunlap....etc.. Let me know what you think are the best tires for plowing snow with..

2. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

If your useing a Boss plow?
    Posted in the Boss plow thread.
    lol....

1. BFG, At,ko's....
    2, Brigestone, Revo's

3. THE05HD

THE05HD Member
    from WI

Plowing Tires

JUST MY OPINION :

BFG ALL TERRAIN KO'S = > O.K. -- QUIET HIGHWAY

GOODYEAR WRANGLER MTR = > GREAT TIRE -- NOISE ON HIGHWAY

COOPER DISCOVER STT = > GREAT TIRE -- NOISE ON HIGHWAY

THESE ARE THE TIRES I PLOWED WITH, AND MY OPINION

MY CURRENT TIRES ARE THE COOPER DISCOVER STT

I LIKE THEM ALOT !!

AARON :)

4. Playboy

Playboy Senior Member

I'm using Coopers Snow tire. I got them late last year and didn't get much plowing out of them. This past storm made them prove themselves. They gripped the ice great. I plowed up my steep driveway. Now I'm not saying all 4 tires where not spinning,..... I plowed up my driveway on purpose. I plowed one driveway in 2WD thinking I was in 4WD and I didn't even notice a problem. I really like them a lot.

5. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

Buckeyeespn

I hate to be the mean guy but....

Try searching on a subject before posting. You'll find this same question comes up a over and over again.:dizzy:

Also you posted this is the wrong section.

And add a signature. It helps us help you!

Thanks, and welcome to plowsite! :)

Last edited: Feb 21, 2007
  6. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

Ill reply even this is in the wrong section but I bought my truck with Uniroyal Lareado tires on it. I thought they were some cheap crappy tire but with the snow and ice we have had they are a great tire. I am very impressed, the wet/dry/snow/ice traction is great. I would likely buy them again if they are in the size i want next time

7. Bldrs83

Bldrs83 Member

Pro Comp All Terrains rock in the snow and on ice. Their severe weather rated and are the best tires I've ever had in the snow. I'd say average on the road noise and a little more than average on tread life too. I'm down to about 50% with 30,000 on them. They've got a lot of miles on them pulling the camper though.

8. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

oops, they are the "Liberator A/T" not a Lareado

9. Bigblue250

Bigblue250 Member

They are not what so ever practical, but the best plowing tires I have ever had were Interco Swamper Thornbirds. I had those monsters on a 76' F-250 when I got out of high school, man did that old girl push. Right now I am having good luck with Mastercraft tires, they are same tread pattern as the old Cooper Discoverers.

10. GA73

GA73 Member

goodyear workhorses/ siped

11. jce4isu

jce4isu Senior Member

nittos terra grappler i love them no noise

12. Makndust

Makndust Senior Member

When I started plowing with pickups about 6 years ago, I threw on 4 Kelly MSR's. They look to be about 60% tead yet. They stick on the snowpack really well. Sheet ice sucks, but I don't think anything works on ice like that. I bought my 77 with Cooper C140's with studs on the front. I know that these are a really heavy hard tire. I don't think that I would buy them for any kind of highway driving, but hey are awsome in mud and snow. I don't pay much attentioin to tires on plow pickups because that is all that mine do is plow. I don't use them in the off season.

13. fastby250cc

fastby250cc Junior Member

I used to drive a Zamboni and the only tires we ever used were the Bridgestone Blizzak tires with studs. I suppose one could argue that with studs whats the difference, but according to the old timers at the rink, the Blizzak's were a big improvement.

The big draw back is they are a winter only tire and I wind up with an extra set of rims and tires in my way all the time.

14. mike33

mike33 Senior Member

Bobcatservice

i think all tires suck. you cant find a set that will do the job year round. i had 1 truck i actually bought a set of tires every year. Then they wouldnt warranty the tread. Tires between my truck, trailers, and bobcat is my worst enemy.
    Mike

15. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

fastby250cc You are correct on the blizaks they are fantastic snow tires! I don't run studs, but I can push snow up a steep hill - stop- and start again! I could never do that with my BFG's. A Friend of mine (I know unbelievable that I have a Friend) tried my tires, now he runs them on 3 of his 4 trucks.