1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Best time to buy???

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by rph802, Jan 31, 2010.

1. rph802

rph802 Junior Member

No offense to everyone trying to run a business on here but I was raised to do for yourself if you can. I have a good length (about 250 feet) gravel driveway that I'm looking to clear myself. I recently purchased a 2008 Chevy Silverado 1500 and am looking to hook up a Fisher HT. Got a couple local dealers I can go to charging about the same. With only a couple more months of serious winter weather ahead, I cant say Im in a huge hurry to drop $4k+. Whens the best time to get equipment?? Now, in 2 months, after the Fourth of July?? If I can save $500 on the plow and only spend prob another $100 on addl plowing seems like a good idea to me. Thanks for any input!!!

2. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

i would say wait till after winter, alot of companys and people who invested in new stuff this year that just sat, they will be putting it up for sale. wait till after winter and cheak your local cl, newspaper, ebay and so on