1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Best time to buy?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by scjjcj, Mar 7, 2006.

1. scjjcj

scjjcj Junior Member
    from Boston

Would I get a better deal on a new plow setup if I wait until the middle of the summer? I am looking at a 7.5' Fisher LD, any ideas of a good price for new and installed? The dealer where I'm buying the truck wants $3950.

Thx

2. Grunt0311

Grunt0311 Member

Not likely to find a better deal from the dealer in the summer. There is very little mark-up on plows due to the heavy competition from other manufacturers. However, you will definately find a better deal on a used unit in the summer! Good luck!:drinkup:

3. Chris-R

Chris-R Senior Member

I see that you are in Boston. $ 3950 for a LD 7.5 Fisher sounds very high for the area. You don't have to buy the plow from your truck dealer. Your dealer may be marking the price up so why make him money? Get on the Fisher web site and get a list of nearby dealers and call them for their prices. You may also want to try the Boss dealer in Boxborough as well. I was real happy with him. Also, get the WantAdvertiser at your local variety store and take a look at all the dealer ads for new snowplows installed. About a month ago, I saw an ad from a southern New Hampshire plow dealer selling Fisher 8 foot Superduty plows installed for $ 3200 or something really low like that. I would imagine that the 7.5 should be a few hundred less at a minimum. Do some homework and you should get what you want for quite a bit less than $3950. Also, now IS the time to buy as most plow dealers know that they will not be selling any more plows until next fall yet they have to pay floor financing on them until they're sold. The deals are there right now. Oh yeah, if you get the plow in New Hampshire, you save an additional 5% because New Hampshire has NO SALES TAX. 5% of $3000 is $150 saved. Not bad for a 30 minute drive from Boston.

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Now is the time to buy , if you find a dealer with left overs. Just like cars they want to move last years models.

5. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

I agree, now is the time to buy.
    I saw a couple of straight and V plows for sale in the auto shopper. If your interested in a good used plow.

6. Emerscape

Emerscape Member

I am from the south shore of boston. That price sounds very high. I got my Boss 8' Superduty from Wrights Trailers down in Seekonk MA all said and done for $3500.. And it should have been $3000 but i had to pay an extra $500 to get it installed ASAP before a storm. Dont limit yourself to Fishers. Check out other brands. I recommend the Boss due to ease of getting the plow on and off the truck as well as downpressure and quick hydraulics. My boss ran circles around my fisher

7. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Rich at Advanced Auto Accessories in Boxborough is a top notch guy. He will help anyone out the best he can. I highly recommend him for any truck service.:)