1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Best tailgate spreader for sand?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by castlesnow, Dec 26, 2013.

1. castlesnow

castlesnow Junior Member

I need to purchase tailgate spreader for a new commercial snow removal account- property has hilly roads so a lot of ice build up- So tail gate spreader need to work with bulk salt/sand mix and straight sand- Looking at Boss TGS 800- Any comments/recommendations ? thanks

2. fireball

fireball PlowSite.com Veteran

airflo is the only way to go in NY but is kinda pricey. However it will outlast everybody else and if you get it into the hopper it will spread it

3. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Good old air-flow ss.

san.png

4. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Snowex sand pro.

5. RSE

RSE Member

Fisher speedcaster2 with the frame mount and cover....

6. P.L.

P.L. Member
    from usa

Air flo mss. You won't regret it.

7. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Ya, these are sweet!

8. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

The airflo mss is an awesome little spreader. We have one on our toolcat and have never had one issue with it.

9. magnatrac

magnatrac PlowSite.com Addict

Does anyone have any real pictures of the airflow spreader? It has come up in several threads this season. I tried looking it up and the only pic is the one posted above. Not much info on it either. I hear it is expensive but never how much ? I'm not looking to buy another spreader right now but would still like to see or hear more about it.

10. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

Heres a picture of our unit.
    [​IMG]

11. magnatrac

magnatrac PlowSite.com Addict

Thanks for posting that pic. Seeing it on the toolcat gives a good idea of its size. Not to go off topic but nice set up. I think a tookcat would be a cool piece of equipment to own!

12. Wreventservices

Wreventservices Junior Member

Buy a boss spreader