1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Best Snowblower for the money?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Peapod1125, Dec 2, 2011.

1. Peapod1125

Peapod1125 Junior Member

Hey all,

I am fairly new to snow removal only my second year. I have been in landscaping for a long time. My question is this, I picked up some new work this year and need a snow blower. There is not a ton of space I will need it, but it will be used. I was looking at home depot and want to spend 700 to 800. Maybe a little more if I have to. What would you suggest from their selection? They have a sale on mtd yard machine and sno tecs. I do not want to buy junk though. Thanks in advance.

2. Dubl0Vert

Dubl0Vert Senior Member

Check out the Toro thread....I love my 2 cycle. Got stuck in that Blizzard 2 years ago, I pushed it off the tailgate into snow and it dug its way down to the ground and then all around my truck to get me free. Its aggressive, but compact in size and weight.

3. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

x2 on the TORO.

For a single stage blower they work pretty darn well. As long as you don't overly abuse it, it will hold up way better than any MTD blower.

I bought the smaller TORO last year, and even though sometimes I feel it's a tad underpowered for the deeper snows, it still will shoot snow up to 30 feet or better, and it's way lighter getting in and out of the back of a truck.

4. second income

second income Member

Toro for single stages then onto Ariens for two stages