1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Best snow tires for Dodge Ram 1500 Sport.

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by tonylillo, Sep 26, 2011.

1. tonylillo

tonylillo Senior Member

My current tire size is 20 inch, I am buying a set of 4 snows for first time plowing this season. The tire shop is trying to talk me into a 17 inch rim. They say the smaller the narrower the tire the better it is for plowing. 17 inch will work, I cannot go any smaller. Looking for a recommended tire for this usage and do i need studs or just regular snows. Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

Purchased a Fisher HD 7.5 MM2

2. shouldawent

shouldawent Junior Member

3. tonylillo

tonylillo Senior Member

I see wheels listed as 17x7 or 17x8, is that just a width difference for the new tires,

4. shouldawent

shouldawent Junior Member

with of the rim most tire manufactures will give tolerances between a 7 to 8 inch with

5. 1 bad bolt

1 bad bolt Member

i have 20's and use the cooper zeon ltz tires , im pretty happy with them for the winter and summer , i would love to have 17's but other things like my wife pull my money other places lol

6. CarCrazed4Life

CarCrazed4Life Senior Member

I'm assuming your stock size is 275/60/20 which is a 33" tire. Your really not going to find anything "skinnier" in a 33". Buy a set of 17s and drop down to a 32" tire like a 265/70/17 or stick with the 20s and get General Grabber AT2 in 33x12.5x20. They are even studdable if you need. Most sizes are even severe weather rated.