1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Best Snow Tire.....

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by rob_cook2001, Jan 11, 2011.

1. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

I am looking for the best snow tire for my skid that is NOT a dedicated snow tire. Probably 70% of the time I put on my skid is plowing lots but I go from plowing one day, to loading hay the next and don't want to have to switch from snowwolf's to regular tires all the time. I am not to worried about traction in the summer time because I am usually running on gravel or in a hay field.
    Thanks guys.
    Robert

2. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

3. pieperlc

pieperlc Senior Member
    from 4-5

Ditto.

Had lifemasters for about a year and I'm very happy with them. They will work perfect for your summer use as well.

4. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

Sounds like the way to go. A lot better priced than the bobcat sevier duty tires.
    Robert

5. TomG

TomG Member

I hate to bring up an old post but I'm new here and I just saw this thread. We have the lifemaster tires for our Bobcat loader and they are AWESOME! They are the best tires we have ever had on any of our Bobcats. I would highly recommend them. We actually got them from our local Bobcat dealership.

sf.jpg

6. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Tom, people bring back posts from years ago! This is less than a month old. Glad you chimed in on it to give a real experience opinion.

7. jomama45

jomama45 PlowSite.com Addict

Rob,

I've had great luck with my BC Severe Duty tires, but after seeing the pattern on these Lifemasters, I'll certainly be looking at them when it's time to replace. Glad to hear someone who has them likes them so much. Now it's Rob's turn to spend his money & give us a review.......................:laughing:

TomG, any idea on the expected life (hours-wise) of these tires?

8. TomG

TomG Member

I have no idea on the expected life span we just got these before this snow season. I would imagine they would wear a little quicker than your "normal' treaded skid tire especially when used in dirt, because of the tread design. Also they will last at least 4x as long on our articulated loader than a skid steer so its really hard for me to judge how long they will last on a skid.

9. TomG

TomG Member

I grabbed some pictures of the lifemasters on our machine after today's storm.

P1270008.jpg

P1270009.jpg

P1270010.jpg