1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

best snow tire for 2500 hd

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by larryhd, Oct 23, 2007.

1. larryhd

larryhd Senior Member
    from vermont

I have a 05 2500 hd and i would like to know what the best snow tire is.

2. frndinalowplace

frndinalowplace Senior Member
    from 7hills

bfg allterrain ta ko's

3. metrolawncare

metrolawncare Junior Member
    from Midwest

I agree....nice tires.

4. mike33087

mike33087 Senior Member

michilin ltx ms 265 75 r16

5. gcsupraman

gcsupraman Senior Member

Me as well....Had the BF A/Ts on my 02 - they were awesome.

6. MOXIE

MOXIE Member

Bfg At M+s

I have an 03 2500HD with 28575R16 on it. This tire 8% larger in dia than the stock 245s. This helped my highway mileage, with the 4.10 gears. I have 54,000 miles on them and will be rotating[front to back] one more time. This is the fourth rotation. As soon as I feel the cupping I swap them. Great tire in the snow and logging roads in Maine.
    MOXIE

7. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

8. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

I used Cooper Discoverer M+S for the past 3 years. 265/75-16

I'm thinking of going with 235/85-16 this time around. Was wondering if there is anything better?

Cant beat these though. Just not good for all year around driving.

[​IMG]

9. gcsupraman

gcsupraman Senior Member

TLS - I had 235/85's on my 02....they were amazing in the snow - better than I ever thought they could be. With my 05 I just picked up I bought 265/75's to see the difference. For pure winter performance, I can't imagine anything better than a 235. Good luck

-Greg

10. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

Yeah, I ran 235's on my old '90

When I bought my current 265 Discoverers, I was thinking more for weight capacity and running them year round.

I'll be OK with the wieght problem, (be better if they were 3415 too), and I plan to run a summer tire on my other rims.

11. mike0955

mike0955 Junior Member

I bought a set of BFG Commericial Traction T/A tires this year. They look pretty mean and are rated for severe weather service. They only come in BSW and load range E. I'll let you know when it starts snowing!

12. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

They look similar to the old Goodyear Workhorse tires.

I really like the traction that the siped tread gives me on my Discoverer's though.

In the summer it sounds like I'm driving around on tires made of rubber cement!

13. c.schulz

c.schulz Senior Member

Ill be looking into some of these myself. Thanks guys

14. nhglock17

nhglock17 Member
    from nh

re tires

Cooper mud&snows great tire

15. oakvillerex

oakvillerex Member

245/75/16 michelin LTX M+S one of the best tires I have Ever installed and is now the only tire I will ever install on a plow truck. And the stock size is best, Bigger might help your mileage but they will float easier than narrower tires the 235/85/16 is a good size but I don't think that the weight capacities are the same as the E rated 245's

16. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

I've tried the LTX M+S's a couple years ago. Wear like iron. Once they wear down a bit they're useless in the rain and worse in the snow.

Very good choice for an all year round tire thats good in the snow.

The 235/85's and 245/75's are both rated at 3042lbs. The 265/75's are when you bump up to 3415lbs.

17. larryhd

larryhd Senior Member
    from vermont

Thanks

thanks for all the info