1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Best snow thrower yet

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by hortboy, Dec 17, 2003.

1. hortboy

hortboy Junior Member

I purchased an Ariens snow thrower two weeks ago and it has prooved to be the best snow thrower I've used. it's the 1128 commercial model, 11.5 hp 28in path and the real kicker is 12 volt system w/ onboard battery. Untill the last storm I was shying away from drives I could plow at least 90% of. Now I price those jobs higher cause no one else will take them and I'm making money. I am amazed how power full it is, we could not stuff enough snow into it to get it to stall and we really tried. It will walk through the end of driveways and not leave anything to the side. I am really impressed.

Besides it just the right amount of weight along w/ the ice-melt in my truck.
  2. GpGuy84

GpGuy84 Member

I love my Ariens machine! I have the 824 deluxe, it is about 5 years old and still starts right on up. And man are they unstopable... 2 weeks ago durring the nor'easter we had I went to buy gas for it and wound up with a tank of water. :angry: It didn't like it, but it still ran and finished off the storm! :cool:
  3. JasonJ

JasonJ Member

I have a nasty old Simplicity (made by Allis-Chalmers) that runs and runs and runs. I don't know when it was made, but I am sure it was made a long time ago. The thing will throw wet sloppy snow all over the place, it'll even throw water. It'll cut into deep snow without bogging as well. It runs like a Harley Davidson, and everyone within three miles will hear it, guaranteed. It has the 110 volt electric start, but I have never needed it. I rarely use it, but when I do, it always works. I am fairly sure it is around 11 horse. It weighs a ton, thats for sure. Thing is built like a farm implement....
  4. Edgewater

Edgewater Member

gotta love the orange,

did 6 inches of slushy crap this morning without any complaint

5. hotsprings77

hotsprings77 Member

I too have the 1132 ariens with the tecu engine. Great machine, the only thing it hasn't been able to snow blow was a hidden 1by4 piece of pine wood hidden on a sidewalk I was doing. love the hand warmers and the elec. start. We have already had 6 good 4-8 inch storms out here in winter wonder land or colorado. good luck fellow plowers. mark
  6. ford250LDMaster

ford250LDMaster Member

those are nice units.i think if i get more commercial sidewalk work i may buy one or two,but i kind of enjoy sitting down on this

im000066 (2).jpg
  7. rob1325

rob1325 Senior Member

I like my ariens. The only problem I have though is the handles crack where it bolts to frame. Other than that its great. If I ever get another snowthrower I will be giving Simplicity a harder look.
  8. sboi12345

sboi12345 Junior Member
    from ohio

is that a jeep?
    that thing is awesome!!
  9. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

i like the 2 stage toro cant thing of the model num any way its a 115lbs easy to get in and out of my truck
  10. skmodmsl

skmodmsl Member

I have an old Ariens with a 7 horse engine. So far I have been impressed. Looking to get a bigger Ariens for next year. A friend has an older Ariens and I noticed that one of his handles is cracked down by where it mounts to the frame.
  11. business

business Junior Member

36' Arien snowblower

I have a 36' Arien Snowblower with a 13 hp engine. It's 15 years old and paid $1100. It is the best so far. It's a beast! Found it at a snowblower dealer!
  12. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

I just bought 4 new Ariens 8524's, but I still use my 40 year old REO Wheeled Horse every day! It runs better than the new Ariens! One pull and it starts right up, eat your heart out Honda !!! :bday: