1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Best snow pusher for skidsteer

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by spiviter, Feb 9, 2006.

1. spiviter

spiviter Member
    from chicago

I just got a quote for my new bobcat s250 and need to get a 10ft pusher. How are yours working / problems that you have run into ?? I am in the chicago area and went out to see the Daniels last week (Great Stuff I must say), But I would like to get some feed back before picking it up....Also went to see the Arctic unit. I did not like it or the high cost of it...

2. Jube

Jube Member

snow pusher

Give Mark at Tri - Mark welding a call in Genoa City, Wi. He builds Sno Dozer pushers and they are all we use. He can be reached at 262.279.3731. Pls tell him I told you to call him if you speak to him.

Thanks,

3. dirtwork

dirtwork Member
    from ohio

I have an S250 and we use a 10ft protech containment plow, never had a problem.

4. polarplowing

polarplowing Member

as long as we are on the subject, how well do Skid steers work with pusher style blades? Can you still turn and get going with a 10' box plow? Just wondering, I am also thinking of the exact set-up, but heard that they are only good cleaning up trails from the truck plows, and that the skid steers aren't the primary snow removal equipment. Thanks

5. spiviter

spiviter Member
    from chicago

There are 2 big parking lots close to my job and thats all they use are skidsteers with 10 boxes on them. I was amazed by the amount of snow they pushed compared to a truck with a 10ft straight blade. Sold me right there... Thats why I am ordering one soon as some more checks come thru the door...for next season I think...

6. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

10' protech. Got one and love it!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. m39976

m39976 Junior Member

I have a 8' RCS with a skid steer attachment in W. Michigan. I used it 4 times.
    $1500

8. The Snow Pros

The Snow Pros Junior Member
    from midwest

Got a 8' Daniels Box on my Case 75XT and love it. Depends which size machine you have as to which size box to get. Talk to Greg at Daniels, he's a good guy. The trip edge is also a nice feature.

9. vis

vis Senior Member
    from 4

8' curtis with a rubber edge is great for manholes in parking lots...the key is not to take too big of a bite with the box or you will lose traction....the box accumulates alot more than a plow blade and contains most of it! :waving:

10. Cutter1

Cutter1 Senior Member

I have a 8 ft pro-tech for sale with a skid loader attachment.....$1500

11. K&L Salting

K&L Salting Member

eight foot snow pusher

I have an 8' that expands to 12' used three hours.
    Ordered it in October last year but did not come in till March. It worked great but gave up that contract pain in the ...
    I got it to clear snow out from under semi trailers when you folded it out.
    cost $3000 take $2000

12. JMurph

JMurph Junior Member

10' push on an S185

I went to my bobcat dealer and the salesman told me I wouldn't have any trouble pushing a 10 footer on my machine, any thoughts from you guys?

13. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

Your dealer is on crack. an 8' is all you want on a s185. 8' are for medium frame machines. 10' for large frame machines. Like the S220, S250, S300, A300. 12' is for the gehl 7810 or cat 908 mini wheel loader.

14. Snowman19

Snowman19 Senior Member

Ive Got and 8' Pusher box for $550 For a skid or small wheel loader and can custom make them up to 20' for under $2300 PM Me

15. BobC

BobC Senior Member

Depends on machine, use, weight of snow, fluffy or packing, job site and 100s of other variables. I use a Protech 8ft. on 50hp Kubota and love it. Chose 8ft over 10ft primarily so I wouldn't be over width when trailering it on machine. Also very easy to maneuver in lot that has activity 24hrs. a day.

16. BobC

BobC Senior Member

Oops forgot most manufactures web sites have that list recommendations for various machines. Bigger isn't always better.

17. BigTruckNuts

BigTruckNuts Junior Member

Snowman do you still have that box for sale. If so send me a couple pics to Greenwaylawn@hotmail.com

Thanks.. I am heading out to Michigan Thurdsay to pick up a skid steer so if you still have it and its not in bad shape maybe we can meet up. Thanks

Chris

18. Snowman19

Snowman19 Senior Member

Yeah Let me get pics tomm.

19. BigTruckNuts

BigTruckNuts Junior Member

Thanks dude

20. m39976

m39976 Junior Member

Snowman, Can you give me some contact info. You don't have a pm. I need a custom pusher in michigan.