1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Best Snow Blower?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by All Season Lawn, Sep 6, 2008.

1. All Season Lawn

All Season Lawn Member

Whats the best lightest snow blower out there....1 guy needs to be able to load and unload by himself?

2. Indy

Indy Senior Member

A lot of guys use Toro CCR Powerlite for clean up and small jobs when they are plowing with a truck and need a blower for small walks and hard to clear spots.......

Weight to power it is a pretty sweet little machine and if you need more just go up the line with Toro, can't go wrong.

3. Snowpower

Snowpower Senior Member

Yup. CCR 2000's are all I use. May try a powerlite one of these days.

4. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

Yeah, I have a Toro 2450, and a lawnboy equivalent of the 3650. I really like them both. There is no difference between these 2 s, so do some shopping and see what you can get. I also own 2 Ariens blowers, and they are nice, but not as good or as light as the Toro's. My workers always went for the Toro's last year. They loved them, and so did I.

5. StoneDevil

StoneDevil Senior Member

Toro Toro Toro

6. BK Hammer

BK Hammer Member

Toro for me is the best! Have a couple CCR 2000 models a featherlite and a 21" Powerclear. All are great for blowing lots of snow. Two strokes with paddles so no engine oil or transmission oil to worry about. They are very fast and the powerclear has cool chute control by the top of the handle so you don't
    have to bend down to change the chute direction.

7. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

the power light is the way to go... it is a smaller cleaning width, but it moves snow faster than the ccr 2000 modle... i have a few of every thing, and the first ones taken by the workers are the power lights...and they never clog

38 LBS , and worth every bit of a 50 lbs unit

8. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

wasnt there just another one of these posts?...

i hear the smaller toros are the best

9. ExecutiveLawns

ExecutiveLawns Member

Toro

Toro is all ill ever run. we currently have just a few of the 2450's and a 3650, also have a powerlite which works great on stairs cause it weighs about the same as a fully loader shovel. These units are extremely durable and also easy to maintain.

10. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

Oh, this wasn't the topic I expected! My bad :jester:

11. ptllandscapeIL

ptllandscapeIL Senior Member

I have 2 old toro 2000 and this past year we switched over to snapper,price,service and my dealer is 5 mins from the yard use to use aerins also but they have gone down hill

12. All Season Lawn

All Season Lawn Member

toro's

sounds good thanks for all the advice we are going to try the ccr2000's

13. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

i would really look into the power light modle as well

14. 18lmslcsr

18lmslcsr Senior Member
    from WI.

Toro - 3650's

There is simply no substitute!

1st - unit 2001 has hundreds of hours and mega snow action
    2nd - unit 2007 last year you could get this style (bought it in a heart beat)

C.