1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Best Snow blower?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by benabarlow, Oct 17, 2004.

1. benabarlow

benabarlow Member
    from vermont

Any input on the best snow blower for a 30 unit condo and 30 residential. Not so musch for the residentials but will still need room for expansion of the business later on.
  2. wfd44

wfd44 Senior Member
    from Maine

Ariens, Toro, Honda - the bigger the better (especially horsepower).
  3. LINY Rob

LINY Rob Senior Member

I would measure the width of the walkways, you dont want a 29" blower and find out you cant clear half the walkways when a 26" one is the only one that will fit. I have a 29" snowblower, I only use it for my house and I barely get down my front walkway, if I had realized I would have bought a 26" to manuever better. Not as much a issue because my front walkway is straight, but if there are alot of curved paths that are lined in blocks it could get frustrating.

determine clearing path, then get the best engine you can afford, like the Honda engines, consider a light if you will be clearing at night, they pretty much all have electric start so thats not a factor.
  4. plowman350

plowman350 Senior Member

Get a Toro, you'll never be disappointed. Remember that you'll be lugging this thing through thick snow in the streets and you'll be loading/unloading from the bed of a pickup. If you can't move it without ramps, its too heavy. Most of the homeowner toro's do just great. Get one that your back can handle all night .
  5. Playboy

Playboy Senior Member

I got an MTD from Walmart two years ago and that thing is awesome for the price. It's an 8hp 2 stage. Same as what home cheapo has but theirs was selling for $1000. I paid $7-something. Mine may not last as long as a toro would but thats cool. It's serving it's purpose and I take care of my things. There hasn't been anything to stop this blower yet. We had a storm that left 2+ feet of snow and this thing was clearing paths that looked like a giant scoop scooping up icecream.