1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

best sized tires for plowing w/F150

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by bguzz, Jan 29, 2009.

1. bguzz

bguzz Junior Member

I've got 31x10.50R15 Bridgestone Duelers on my truck with a Fisher Speedcaster plow on it. My tires are ready to be replaced. Would a thinner tire be better for traction? I am thinking of going with Mastercraft courser msr's. Any suggestions as to the best tire size for this setup on 15" rims?

2. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Tall and thin works best for deeper snow and for plowing in general. JMO

3. bguzz

bguzz Junior Member

my options for 15" rims is pretty much either 235x75x15 or 265x75x15 to try to get the tallest tire. or 30x9.5x15 or 31x10.5x15. I'm guessing the 235's would be best. Would I notice a lot of difference between that size and the 31's?

4. mustangEd

mustangEd Junior Member

I would suggest the 30x9.5,
    I recently went from 33x12.5 to a 31x10.5 and I will end up going
    with the 9.5 next time. Much better traction in the winter and less
    tire noise too.

5. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

The stock size or a little wider listed on the drivers door sticker is always good on a Ford. My Dad and I have always drove and plowed Ford trucks. We go up load range on tires but try to stay near the width on them. Less tire noise in the summer and better traction in the winter plowing. Follow the tire installer's suggested tire pressure too for the load involved. The tire manufacturer built the tires not Ford.