1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Best Sidewalk Tool Ever !!!!!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Clapper&Company, Dec 6, 2007.

1. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

2. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

does it just push it forward?

3. Clapper&Company

from NE OHIO

It works just like a power broom, yea it blows it forward.

4. paponte

paponte Senior Member

I'm sure it's good for powder, but I can't see pushing anything wet with that.

5. Clapper&Company

from NE OHIO

I'm not sure, when we have wet snow, i'll let you know how it works.

It also works good for getting stone out of lawns also

6. NLS1

NLS1 Senior Member

I have one that is an ECHO and I love it for getting gravel out of grass.
    I haven't tried it on the sidewalks, I will next snow! I don't know why I didn't think to try it already?:dizzy:

7. Clapper&Company

from NE OHIO

Yea, I got it for gravel and stuff, but Never tryed it till last night it will work great.

8. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

I saw that when I was at ace hardware a few weeks ago, pretty neat. I seen a guy using a similar on near a building I clean last year.

9. Cost and weight ??

trying to find info

Is this a 2-cycle engine power ??

tc

10. Runner

Runner Senior Member

We have two of them.....It does the same thing as a shovel, only a little bit slower, heavier, and uses gas. :Rolleyes:

11. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

Beleive me, if you know Ronnie, he will use that tool anywhere he can!!! I tried it out a few times in his drive (gravel) and must say it really moves the rocks right out of the grass, so I could see how it would do good. Be alot easier than lifting a snowblower in and out of the truck.

Avitare, that is Stihl's 4 cycle engine that runs off of 2 cycle mix. They are very good engines and fuel efficient, IMO. And I own a couple of the 4 strokes too

12. Runner

Runner Senior Member

Oh,..now for stones and gravel? There is nothing...and I mean NOTHING that will clean the stuff out of turf like these things do. That's where they really shine...especially for cleaning up after snowplows. Sand, mulch,...it doesn't matter. These things are the ultimate tool for this. One thing I HAVE found though, and have shared it with others and they have tried and found to be, is that for cleaning up gravel, I mount the drum attachment upside down. This way, you PULL it rather than pushing it. It jut floats over the ground and pulls with he resistance of an upside down leaf rake. This thing cleans MUCH better and easier this way. I hope this helps! :)

13. NLS1

NLS1 Senior Member

I have the Echo PAS 260 and the pro paddle they call it. I think the end attachment is almost the same. RedMax makes one too I think. Totally amazing for gravel, I agree, works really good for cleaning up after tree stump grinding too. I use it for dirt on driveways if I do dirt work and for spring and fall cleanup. Cant wait to try it on the sidewalks and steps with the snow!!

14. QuadPlower

QuadPlower PlowSite.com Addict

I have one that switches out of my Sthil power head weed wacker. It is the best, like metioned above, for cleaning up turf after doing anything that made it a mess. I use it under wallnut trees to clean up the fruit after it falls. I don't have the shield for mine. When I bought it 4 years ago, they didn't offer the shield and mine doesn't work well for snow or leaves. They just catch and ends up behind the wheel.

When using it, I never pick it up. Just leave it on the ground and give it some gas and it rolls backward. I imagine it is a Top Fuel Dragster rolling back to the starting line after a burn out. (Things I think of)

I oftern flip my up-side-down, stick it under a pine tree and pull out everything under it.

15. Winter Land Man

Winter Land Man Senior Member

Have one. Doesn't work too well for snow unless it's like two inches or under for me. It's hard to angle them to have the snow go to the side.

16. Duracutter

Duracutter Senior Member
    from Canada

Best thing for walks...:confused:

The toro paddle blowers "are" the best thing for walks... Have you tried them? That paddle contraption is heavy and just plain useless...

:)

17. Clapper&Company

from NE OHIO

We used it last night in 5" of wet snow, work find My guys love them.

18. Duracutter

Duracutter Senior Member
    from Canada

Your guys will love them because they don't really care about the bottom line.

Are you serious? There is no way ever that those crappy paddles will ever ever do what a toro does...:dizzy:

:)