1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Best Shock

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by jrm123180, Feb 2, 2005.

1. jrm123180

jrm123180 Senior Member

I think I need to replace the shocks on my 2000 Silverado 1500 Short-bed ext. cab. Does anyones have any recommendations for this application? I am looking for something that will ride nice since it's an everyday driver, but will also handle the plow well.

Thanks

2. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

From what I've heard, Billstein makes the best. They're pricey but well worth it.

3. ratlover

ratlover PlowSite.com Addict
    from IL

I have always had good luck with bilstens on my 1/2 tons. The stock shock for a z71 may be a bilsten and may be a good choice. JMO

4. jrm123180

jrm123180 Senior Member

thanks, i'll check them out

5. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

Bilstein.

Did anyone see their new aluminum, finned race shock? NNNNNICE! Your's for the low low price of $2,750.00!!

6. festerw

festerw Senior Member

I've got the semi cheap Monroe Sensatrac's on my truck, better ride than stock and a lifetime warranty.

7. Midwest BuildIt Inc

Midwest BuildIt Inc PlowSite.com Addict

Ive got the KYB MonoMax shocks on my dodge. They ride awsome, soft enough for every day driving but stiff enough for when it gets rough. Ive had alot of shocks on different trucks and i love these things..
    check them out here..KYB MonoMax

8. Boondox

Boondox Senior Member

I second that. They gave me a good, solid ride and didn't cut into my beer money. :drinkup:

Pete

9. rwink1957

rwink1957 Junior Member
    from 08021

I just installed Monroe reflex shocks on my Dodge. Designed to smooth the ride on suv,s and l.d. pickups. Extremely happy with control and ride.