1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Best setup for me?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Engine_Man1714, Sep 5, 2008.

1. Engine_Man1714

Engine_Man1714 Junior Member

I am looking at getting a new plow this year, my truck is a 96 ford 350 with the diesel automatic tranny. I am wanting a V blade but I was wondering if durability is a factor,I plow almost always on dirt surfaces. Not many rocks but around railroad track and occassionaly catch an edge. What size would match the truck well? I plowed last year with a 10' blade and I think 9' would good truck plow match? The truck is SRW. Any help would be appreciated

2. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

At the very least an 8 1/2' V-blade but a 9 1/2' would be better.

3. Engine_Man1714

Engine_Man1714 Junior Member

Thanks for the reply. I have been looking at Boss, Western and Sno-Way for a V-blade and I see pros and cons to all of them. I like the down pressure on the Sno-Way, the Western looks well built, and the boss sounds like the fastest hydraulic system. I live out in the boondocks so no matter which one I go with it is a 2 hour drive to the dealership so I'm not letting that be the biggest factor in the decision. The Sno-way was $600 cheaper then the others I priced.

4. All Season Lawn

All Season Lawn Member

go with a boss v or the western wideout

5. mnconst

mnconst Member
    from indiana

Bought a western wide-out last year and it smoked my western v plow head to head
    go for the western wide-out