1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

best setup for led backup lights

Discussion in 'Back-up Buddy - Back-up & Utility Lights - Trucks' started by djbinding, Dec 19, 2015.

1. djbinding

djbinding Junior Member
    from Mass.

Anybody have a good idea for mounting backup lights on backrack? I've been mounting under rear bumper in the past but they get destroyed by snow banks. Wondering if there will be enough illumination from the rack

2. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

You plow at night, can you charge extra for that?

Try searching

3. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

4. backupbuddy

backupbuddy Senior Member

Check out www.back-upbuddy.com we have a light set up that slides into your 2" or 21/2" hitch receiver and plugs into your 7way rv connector. THATS IT NO HARD WIRING! Constructed of 3/16" steel and black powder coated. For safety it has a Whelen amber strobe and 2 utility lights that move up and down, in and out. Automatically goes on in reverse and with the conveniently placed switches on back of unit you can with your parking lights on use it as a utility light for those times when you need that extra light. Most rugged simple to use back-up lighting unit on the market today. Has a 30 day no questions asked money back warranty. You can purchase online or call Annmarie at 888-856-3723 and she will happily take your order or can answer any questions you may have. Anyone in the Seekonk, Ma area can now pick up the Back-up buddy at Pioneer Heavy Duty Truck Parts on rt6.

Hope everybody has a safe and Merry Christmas. Now lets bring on some snow here to the north east.

Thank you.

5. bhmjwp

bhmjwp Senior Member
    from kcmo

I have been using 20 to 24" led light bars. Pull no power, easy to wire into reverse lights, and will light up the night.

6. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

I've got a version of this that they made for me. I've attached mine to my spreader. Last year I had to take my spinner off to pull our skidsteer out, and when I put the spinner back on afterwards I didn't attach it properly. An hour later I drug the spinner down the street at 40 MPH for about a mile with the lights attached. Put it back on correctly and the lights still work perfectly. Very bright as well. I turn them on when I'm spreading so I can see my spread pattern.

20141109_181652 [1600x1200].jpg