1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Best selling plow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by FCLC, Nov 6, 2003.

1. FCLC

FCLC Junior Member

Being this is my first post and the search feature did'nt reveal what I was looking for. I was wondering; Who sells the most plows among the main competitors; i.e., Meyer, Western, Fisher, blizzard etc.

Also, is there much of a quality and ease of use difference between the main Companies.

Not looking for an brand war with this question, just trying to get a little insight on the different manufacture's.

2. hbrady

hbrady Senior Member

:confused: I don't know the "official" stats but 90% of the trucks I see here in Maine run Fishers. I like my Curtis though :)
  3. BWinkel

BWinkel Senior Member

It's at least 90%. Heck, I didn't even know anybody else made plows until I came to this site.Lol.
  4. BWhite

BWhite Senior Member

Fisher around here

I wonder if anyone in the manufacturing end keeps such stats
  5. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

Meyer is the worlds leading snow plow manufacturer. So I guess quantity doesnt always mean quality.
  6. FCLC

FCLC Junior Member

Hey fellas, I don't know how this thread got posted twice, so I apologize for taking up space.
  7. Maine Plow Man

Maine Plow Man Junior Member

Trust me - Meyer is not the World's Leading Plow Manufacturer. They're a distant third at best!

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

i trust you

however in different regions i think some plows are more popular
    than others

9. kipcom

kipcom Senior Member
    from Indiana

Boss plows here in the midwest.......:waving:

WOOFSPLOW Member

I would have to believe Fisher is, around here it's probably like 4to1 (1 being another mfg.) Believe me the mfgrs know who is #1,2,3,4,5 ect...

Top 5 Manufacturers - my best guess

1. Fisher
    2. Meyer
    3. Western
    4. Boss
    5. Blizzard
  11. cjc810

cjc810 Member
    from RI

Blizzard is an up and coming plow not many have seen them in southern New England. It will continue to grow
  12. ronsracing

ronsracing Member
    from CT

Here in my part of CT it is Fischer, then Meyer, then Western, then anyone else
  13. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

Lot of fisher here.then western boss etc
  14. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

where i live fisher is the most popular plow, then western, then meyer, than sno-way. boss is another plow i am seeing a lot more of around here.:)
  15. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

Nothing but Boss and Western around here. The only meyers I've seen are real old. I've also seen a few Hiniker and Blizzards.
  16. Greensway

Greensway Member

I'd think that Meyers around here, but am hoping that alot of guys will see the blizzard and then have more support.payup

the blizzard is very impressive

if i wear out my meyers id diffenitly look at it

18. RAZOR

RAZOR Senior Member

Around here I would have to say Western then Fisher and I'm starting to see more Arctic. Meyers were popular a few years ago. but I don't too many newer ones. I don't see many Boss or Curtis.

you need to come south of the border more:drinkup:

20. smh

smh Junior Member

Most of the talk on here is about Fisher plows. Down here in West Virginia and south east Ohio it's mostly Meyer and Western. I think everybody goes with what the distributers in their area carry. Product support and parts availability are key items to remember when choosing a plow.