1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Best selling plow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by FCLC, Nov 6, 2003.

1. FCLC

FCLC Junior Member

Being this is my first post and the search feature did'nt reveal what I was looking for. I was wondering; Who sells the most plows among the main competitors; i.e., Meyer, Western, Fisher, blizzard etc.

Also, is there much of a quality and ease of use difference between the main Companies.

Not looking for an brand war with this question, just trying to get a little insight on the different manufacture's.

2. BWhite

BWhite Senior Member

good question

Who does sell the most plows . I would guess Fisher ?
  3. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

In michigan its western with boss second. As for which ones better, it all depends on what your needs are and what your going to do with it. Company A may build the best v plow but if that isnt what you need then it doesnt help. figure out what your putting it on and what you want to use it for first.

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

i see more meyers in this area

also the dealer is local

if i had the bucks a blizzard would be my choice

but ill stick with my meyers

5. phillyplowking1

phillyplowking1 Senior Member

Around here its definally meyers ,you see them everywhere.Western and boss are almost as popular.I only saw a handfull of blizzard plows and that including mine.
  6. Craftybigdog

Craftybigdog Senior Member

You watch it will be Boss soon awesome website and support!!!!!!!
  7. FCLC

FCLC Junior Member

Well I've got an '02 Ram 3/4 hd with the Cummins and a 5 speed. It has been tweaked some.:D

I would imagine it is to late to start looking for accounts (commercial) but I'm sure I can get driveway accounts. But I plan on doing small lots, car dealerships and as I said driveways next year.

Here, we don't get the snow that the north and east gets but we do get at least 2 decent events a winter.

Therefore the construction/durability and service is most important to me. As with my lawn equipment, I will pay a few extra bucks if I knowI'm getting a better piece of equipment.

Don't know how this thread got posted twice, sorry.
  8. BWhite

BWhite Senior Member

seeing double

I thought I saw this thread posted twice ?
    You would want to follow the conventional wisdom and go with a distributor that is near by
  9. FCLC

FCLC Junior Member

Okay, thanks.
  10. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

In West Michigan, the plow of choice and growing in #'s is

Boss, Western, Fisher, and then Meyer.

BLIZZARD IS ON THE MOVE FOR # 1 PLOW !!!!:blush2: